Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988 Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo

RacinRay88

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's sooo weird. I was just reading about this car this morning. They were saying how this body design was built by Chevrolet exclusively to compete with the aerodynamic Tbird (which had a similar but less agressive rear window treatment) on the track. It was this very car that got Dale in the winner's circle. If not for this car and this design, he may not have become as successful and popular as he was and still is. Nice build!

nice build....

i found one of these kits at a bargin store for a couple bucks back when the Days of Thunder cars had just come out and transformed the 51 MelloYello car into a Goodwrench Lumina 'cept for the silver numbers...back to the present, i DO have one of these kits in my '3' area...lol

it worked for me!!

Edited by weasel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:) been out today to some local peddler malls( flea market) and picked up 3 Dale Earnhardt Wrangler combo kits one sealed other 2 open but everything was there got all 3 for $20.00 not to bad of a day :rolleyes:

Picked up a couple of 3's yesterday for 5 bucks including tax... The Olympic Car and the Monte Carlo from 96??

opened and barely started... PM If anyone is interested!!

• 1 month later...