Model Cars Magazine Forum

06 Fed Ex Monte Carlo

shawnh24n43

Good build Shawn. Paint is nice and smooth and the decal job is real nice! What paint and decals did you use? Did you do any detailing to the engine or chassis? Any pics? From what I can tell from the pics the nose mod looks pretty spot on. You did a good job with setting the stance and getting those wheels tucked in just right. Solid build man!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to close this. If the builder PMs me with information as to which kit, which decals, etc. he used, I'll reopen it.

I'm not passing judgement on the model... I just think it's a waste of time to speculate, so I'll close this for now and wait for Shawn to PM me.

From the original post:

"Thought I'd post my most recent build.

Modified nose and wheel openings, fuel filler and overflow and flipped exhaust to right, added dash wiring, antenna and roof camera pod."

Maybe calling it a 'build' could be misconstrued, but it's obviously been worked on. IMHO that qualifies it to be shown and admired.

Nice build! I'd guess it's a Revell '06/'07 kit with Powerslide decals (http://www.mikesdecals.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_14&products_id=111&osCsid=d2836932620a24a0d4982f49e31c168e). Nose & stance mods made a world of difference when compared to out-of-box. Well done.

Forgot to add: We should assume a plastic model until proven otherwise. It seems weird that a builder has to show evidence or defend a posted build simply because one other person made an accusation, doesn't it?

Edited by Matt T.

Shawn PM'd yesterday me with additional shots of the engine, chassis, and info on which decals he used. I told him I would open this thread back up if he would post all that stuff here, but for some reason he hasn't done it.

Here's pics of the engine and underside.

Revell 06/07 kit, JWTBM decals with a couple Powerslide pieces. The only non kit pieces are in the original description and some modification of the front engine compartment bars, otherwise it's out of the box, or modified kit pieces, no resin either.

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

Harry, just had to get home from work today to post the pics.

Proof has been shown, can we let the diecast stuff go now please.

For the record, I pm'd Harry last night after I looked up the diecast.I seen some varying differences and had a gut feeling it was actually a kit. A very nice build, so nice that it DOES kinda look like a diecast.

I think there's a certain member that owes Shawn an apology.

Yep, he sure does. Shawn I'd like to congratulate you on a well done model and hope you don't judge the whole forum by the ravings of one member who considers himself an authority.

Edited by Jantrix

I think there's a certain member that owes Shawn an apology.

Yep, he sure does. Shawn I'd like to congratulate you on a well done model and hope you don't judge the whole forum by the ravings of one one member who considers himself an authority.

X100