Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Nick, this build started out much like my build of my 1:1 truck, as a prebuilt or glue bomb. Good job on reviving a forgotten kit. I have seen one of these in person at a car show, sadly I didnt have the camera with me. One thing I noticed though, was that it had tow hooks, were they an option on the Sports as well as the work trucks?

Hey Nick, this build started out much like my build of my 1:1 truck, as a prebuilt or glue bomb. Good job on reviving a forgotten kit. I have seen one of these in person at a car show, sadly I didnt have the camera with me. One thing I noticed though, was that it had tow hooks, were they an option on the Sports as well as the work trucks?

Most of my builds do actually, well as a matter of fact all of my '88-'98 builds Except my 454SS kit I have will be/Are old built ups/gluebombs.

For this body style Tow hooks were available on all models, and all trims as an optional item, atleast according to a few brochures and a pricing guide I have scans of.

Did the exhuast.

FILE1731.jpg

FILE1732.jpg

FILE1750.jpg

FILE1751.jpg

LOL, I know how that goes. I'm getting better at bringing the dead ones back.

Hmmm, I wonder why my truck doesnt have them, even though its a Silverado 4x4.

Nice job on the exhaust.

Like I said it was an option, maybe the first owner didn't think he or she needed 'em.

Thanks.

How did you paint that frame and underbody like that????? That's what I'm wanting to do, but yours looks perfect. Please explain how you did that.

Step 1: I primed it all grey

Step 2: here you have 2 choices, brush or spray the body color. If you spray you need to mask off the frame rails and crossmembers, if you brush no need for that.

Step 3: paint your frame rails, and cross members Gloss Black, I know I used Flat but that was because the Truck is already gloss black and I wanted you to tell what is part of the body and what is the frame. The Real trucks are gloss black frame parts and body color floors and under the bed, I know this for a fact I've been working on a '98 Chevy W/T 4x4 with 18,000KMS on it, it's never seen the outside of our shop.

hope this helps.

Nick

so it got those kilo's just being driven around inside the shop? must be a big shop ;)

GM delivered the truck with 5,000kms, the additional 13,000KMS were put on coming in out of the shop and from diffent services being performed and tested on it in the last 11 years.

Nah, Dave, they just jack it up & run it in third gear, silimar to in Ferris Bueller....

Hope no one goes ballistic & starts kicking the tailgate - otherwise we could end up with a Chevy in the Ravine....

No Ravine, so where ok there. :D

saying that then i'll take a guess here that the "shop" you are referring to is your school's auto shop class. GM also donated cars to my high school for use by the students in class. while they didn't donate any trucks we did have a couple of cars with pretty much no miles on them. one of the things i remember about those cars were the removed VIN's, and they werent removed very carefully.

Yes it is Dave, But the Shop I'm doing Co Op in (Dougs Auto) also has a '98 Chevy, but there's is the trusty parts chaser.

Our Local GM dealer and General Motors Canada have donated 3 2 post lifts and a few cars to us, After all they have Canadian Headquarters in the neighboring town of Oshawa.

Also our vehicles still have VINS and Titles for some reason.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...