Model Cars Magazine Forum

hay JAMES , what do you mean post some pics ? I,ll be unable to do any building till monday , the east coast street rod nat,s are this end ,fryday-sunday I,ll be at our club both at the show and checking out the cars ,IT,S MY GRACE LAND , if you will, york ,pa is over run with street rods . :wub:

Blair I like the super singles on the drive axels! Nice touch. About three weeks ago I pulled out a Fred Caddy 50 Ford COE from my stock and started it as well (Great minds think alike they say) I sit mine down on the Revel 2n1 (yellow box art) chassis with the lowered suspension. I as well stretched my bed as well to compensate for the short cab length. Now for the 22" low pro's or stock wheels with the monster whites? I started to use the dually ford chassis by Monogram but didn't saving it for another day.

Looks like a cool trend coming on! Keep it coming!!

The Chevy COE is really sweet! Don't stop now! B)

Edited by Gramps2u

Its nice a frame was included I am not familiar with SJS I'm going to have to check them out. Did a google search and clicked on images. Seems these old Cab overs are slowly coming back to life.

http://www.google.com/search?q=50+ford+cab+over&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS492US492&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=zg6pUa_rEIy-9QTUmYBI&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=676

Edited by Gramps2u

BOB[ GRAMPS] these old cab overs have been on the rise for 5-10 years ,i to am useing the frame from the 2/1 yellow kit ,i picked up the coolest pic to day at the street rod show i,ll post a pic of it ,it,s how i want mine to look '

Okie dokie! There used to be a guy here in Wichita whom had a 5o chevy COE on a short bed frame & used the (Rare hard to find) 8' bed to fill up the excess. Everyone laughed at him then but now cool stuff ! Cant wait to see your pics!

Gramps.. SJS has been gone for years. They did a few interesting things like a 1950 Ford Ice Cream Truck and a Studebaker Champ pickup. Best chance now is RMR for cabovers.

Aw nuts! same as Fred Caddy! thanks for the heads up.

I had to drop the front motor mounts so the large modified flat head that came in the yellow 2n1 would fit under the floor pan & dog house I fabricated to accept the engine . The stacks on my carbs have been removed and I am searching for an appropriate air cleaner. Hope to see some more pics from everyone's work!

Edited by Gramps2u