Model Cars Magazine Forum

BOB, i,v been at the street rod nats all week end helping with our both at the show ,and model contest ,i got 3 awards , I am putting all my cars and trucks back that I took and putting the 5 models a way that I got ,no building this week end,

thanks bob, this is quite a build the cab and engine bay are going to be a challenge ,with the truck lowed things are tight under there ! i,m working on fitment of the body and motor ,the flat head realy wont fit ,i tryed a s/b chevy and things are alot better as far as room ,

On mine, I cut out a portion of the floor board and made a dog house as the 1:1 would have for the clearance for the engine. The Big flat head that comes with the 2n1 kit, The aftermarket High performance heads are very large as for the velocity stacks on the three deuce set up is a little high BUT ! I solved this issue by carefully cutting the front engine mounts out and dropping them to the bottom edge of the frame adding some styrene to make them "look believable" and filed down the rear mount just ever so slightly to level out the Big Flat head that came with the 2n1 kit. Problem solved... The dog house is still needed, But not a huge monstrous unit. A mild modification was only needed. Hope this helps. The Chevy mill, that also came to mind but I wanted to be some what of a Purist and keep the High performance flat head. ;) Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Blair, great works of art take time my friend, just one thing to say about your build it is plain and simple BAAAAD right down to the binders in the styrene, you have done an amazing job Sir, Kudos to ya keep it going can't wait to see more!!! :D

For the steering, The Cab over semi trucks I used to drive, KW's had Air assist steering to allow the cab to tilt forward for engine access. The use of pneumatic slave cylinders and air lines, No steering column attached to a steering gear box to complicate the issue. The AMT KW cab over kit is the exact year I drove, if you could access one of those perhaps it might be a correct replica. Other linkage components were done entirely with cables. At least on the COE KW I drove anyway. I.H used shifter cables on their COE's. Hope this helps.

BTW, keep on keeping on with the build, Its looking great!

I had one of those air assist slave cylinders fail on me once on a run... Talk about ARM STRONG steering LOL!

Edited by Gramps2u