Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hurst Hairy Olds

I picked this kit up in unbuilt condition at a flea market for $3. Since the kit was somewhat lacking in detail by today's standards, I kept it pretty much box-stock to avoid making the build into a big Hollywood production. My only real gripe with the kit was the quality of the decals, which for reasons that I can't explain, silvered a bit.

post-928-0-10850000-1367512287_thumb.jpg

post-928-0-41270200-1367512307_thumb.jpg

post-928-0-70746700-1367512334_thumb.jpg

Even if the decals silvered, it looks excellent! I have wanted to build this kit also, since Hurst Hairy Olds is a part of DragRacing History. Nice paint job, and clean assembly!

I like it.but wheres linda :P

Laz

Sadly, "Miss Hurst Golden Shifter" Linda Vaughn declined my invitation to the photo shoot, citing scheduling difficulties. Or that she thought I was stalking her. Something like that.

This ones been on my to-do list for years, yours looks great. My guess on the silvering is the metallic in the gold, a clear coat,then the decals may have kept this from happening.

The decals silvered a little bit anyway. I've never had that happen before, so I'm still a little bit mystified. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with the finished product, and grateful to my colleagues for giving it some eyeball time and commenting.