Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un-Monkeemobile? Updated 7/1/13

Pat Minarick

WOW Pat! Honestly bro, I think ANY color you paint it would go with it, it's THAT nice! It's been GREAT watchin this rascal come to being. learned stuff too, and it's not over yet! Great thread Pat, GREAT model, don't stop now!

Thanks George ! I'm still working on it ,just waitin' for paint to dry good !

Kind of got side tracked with Dr.Cranky's Doodlebug Community Build.

12-24-2010007_zps3132c730.jpg

Edited by Road Runner 79

• 5 months later...

Well I haven't touched this since January ! I just wasn't happy with the paint at all so it's going for a soak.Every thing is done but the paint and I hope most of the body work will be ok after stripping it.After seeing flint1962 's Monkeeymobile Under Glass I have to finish it up . :D

Sorry for some of the missing photo's ,I moved them on Photobucket .I replace them as best I could :rolleyes::D

Edited by Road Runner 79

• 2 weeks later...

Another hidden gem I missed! What happened to that glossy paint work? I never considered the MM as a base for a cool custom. Looks great!!

Thanks Mike! The paint was way to thick and the body cracked on the roof when I went to polish it.I was in a hurry to get it done for a show that I didn't even go to.I will take my time this time and I reinforced the roof .

Edited by Road Runner 79

PAt,

Killer work! I love the final paint color you picked.

Can't wait to see it finished..

Cheers, Ian

Thanks Ian !

The body cracked trying to polish it ,so it's back to bare plastic now. I like that color but I think it's to dark and planning on going back to bright red .