Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un-Monkeemobile? Updated 7/1/13

Pat Minarick

WoW Pat, I hadn't checked in since you made the new hood, but WOW, and I mean it! I've never seen someone custom a custom, but YOU sure did! GREAT lookin ride so far Pat! I like the color too, it keeps with the MM vibe!

Thanks George!

Hey Barris did it ,but he only added the graphics! :blink:

Hello, I am a new member here and have just read through this thread. All I can say is WOW! You have taken a so so custom and turned it into a super custom. I especially like the taillights and what you have done with the hood. Keep up the excellent work and I will anxioudly be waiting for your updates.

Thanks Duane!

Really cool looking. Also, as an avid Ferrari fan, I can not help it but love the colors chosen. I would have just reversed the colors on the doors. I think if the panels were tan with black inserts, it would showcase the sculpted interior better.

Outstanding work regardless.

Really cool looking. Also, as an avid Ferrari fan, I can not help it but love the colors chosen. I would have just reversed the colors on the doors. I think if the panels were tan with black inserts, it would showcase the sculpted interior better.

Outstanding work regardless.

Thanks Micheal ! Maybe ,but I wanted the seats to stand out too.The bash will be black too.

Thanks Micheal ! Maybe ,but I wanted the seats to stand out too.The bash will be black too.

It is a great piece of work either way. Like I have said before, I can not even believe, that I actually like something that started as a Monkeymobile.

What's the latest on the engine?

Looks very good in color! The interior is coming along very nicely too. The original MonkeesMobile is not very interesting to me, but this shows that it can be converted to very interesting build. Maybe I should start cutting mine again.

Have you ever used Krylon or Valspar Suede? (spray can) for textured areas like interior carpet?

I have always used flock but I was thinking of trying embossing powder some more ,but yes I have the Suede paint before on interior panels. I like it for some things I also use spray cans real away to get a finer texture.

• 3 weeks later...