Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hurst Pontiac Grand Prix

I think The Modelhaus makes the GP convertible- a VERY rare, one-year-only model. The Hurst decal shouldn't be too tough to turn up, although I'm not sure if one that size is readily available- perhaps a 1/16 drag/race car sponsor decal would be about right?

The black/gold two-tone can be accomplished pretty easily with either spray can or airbrush.

I've never seen that car before- I do like it and I'd build one, too.

Charlie Larkin

I'm not sure this is a restoration . I followed all the Hurst Cars as the awesome work Linda Vaughn .

Miss Hurst U.S.A. is still very attractive . Not as much as my wife is to me . This is a site of not so

much Stock or One of's any how . Specialty vehicles , you betcha ! easy to make this one for sure .

Thanx ..

The Hurst decal shouldn't be too tough to turn up, although I'm not sure if one that size is readily available- perhaps a 1/16 drag/race car sponsor decal would be about right?

Agreed on the Hurst "H". It's the lettering on the rear quarter panels which may prove to be difficult to find/replicate.

Agreed on the Hurst "H". It's the lettering on the rear quarter panels which may prove to be difficult to find/replicate.

Oops, didn't see that. The reflection in the picture. Does anyone have any more pictures of this car, preferably straight-on broadside? You might be able to cobble up some decals with MS Paint, GIMP or Open Office Draw.

Charlie Larkin

The few I found Googling aren't that clear, but the lettering says "Linda" Miss Hurst Golden Shifter: http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/search/DRauSearchAdditionalPhotos.aspx?itemid=1288002

Some nice vintage images here, showing the car sans the rear quarter panel lettering, but some nice shots of the Hurst "H" on the doors: http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=271488&page=5

:lol: Hi I have the modelhaus 67-GP hard top it,s a great kit.They do sell all the parts for the Bonny and you can get the hood if you want to open the hood thats what I did at frist I was going promo styel but when I got the kit it had the open chassis all set for some power os out came the knife.I used the firewall and other parts from the AMT 65 GP.Good luck with this project I hope you post lots of picturs on this one.Rick.