Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy COE

Guest JamesDE

Guest JamesDE

Started this about 2 years ago, this is the second kit Ive attempted this with, the first was sold before I could finish the hood.... Now Im back and in full swing on this one..... Here are some pics of the cab....

006-43.jpg

007-37.jpg

008-31.jpg

010-21.jpg

Guest JamesDE

Thanks guys.... Havent done much to this, but I managed to cut a sleeper off a Pete and shorten it and got a little mockup of where its headed at least.... Woulda posted sooner,but noticed the site was down for a few days....

002-54.jpg

003-54.jpg

004-46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamesDE

Back with an update...

First this is the rendering that inspired me to start this project 2 years ago...

003-57.jpg

So now Im gonna build it similar to this...

I ditched the sleeper because I felt it didnt really flow with the cab very well... The dump bed has been started as well...

001-49.jpg

002-57.jpg

COEs are just too cool!!

It looks like you've got the overall shape looking right.

Don't stop now!!

O yeah! I second that! With all that! Its comin along nicely but what gets me is seeing it in kit form thats way cool bro! Could ya send a link for me fella!! I see this here big guy in the yard at the shoppe LOL! O' yeah in the diorama ya goin! lol

Keep on wit the keepin on!

This one looks very interesting so far. Personally I don't like that hood, but that other thing looks very good and I like seeing big modifications, it's always very great and gives some inspiration to myself to continue tricky builds. Nice work with it, more please! B)

• 1 year later...
Guest Darkside Customs

This has been so long since I've updated....

I finally got a hold of some of my builds and projects from back in Cali...

Back again on this....

Lete see how long it takes me to finish, considering this has been close to a three year project.....

67882268.jpg

21e2653b.jpg

Liking seeing this back on the table. But I'd never push you on it .. 3 years is nothing according to my build schedule. :lol:

The best part of building is the building ... if you finish it, you can't work on it anymore. :o

Thanks for showing this build in it's present condition! I've been playing with the idea of doing this some day, with an eye toward a wedge hauler like Lanny posted above. Ironically you show a vintage AMT Corvair reissue kit box in the background of the first several photos, and that's what I'd be hauling on the wedge - a Corvair drag car!