Model Cars Magazine Forum

1992 Mustang LX 5.0

Maindrian Pace

The roof looks too tall. No, just being smart...

Great looking model. All the changes are subtle but recognizable - the kind of model I enjoy. Great work.

Thanks Eric, your champagne coupe is super clean, and I studied it carefully for tips on finishing mine. I borrowed a few, like the black around the fender emblems, and I did do the dark green radio dial, although you can't see it in the workbench thread because my photography isn't as good as yours.

Mike,

All of the work you put into this one was well worth it. This one is downright georgeous. The best looking example of this kit I have seen. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you very much, Ron.

-Mike

WOW.... Mike you should be very proud of this build...I've been following this build from the start, the corrections you've made to this build are spot on... I'm building one over in the drag section as an outlaw stock suspension type build... and I hope it turns out half as good as this one... SUPER JOB !!!! :)

Thanks Tyrone. I've been following your Outlaw build too, and it's very impressive. I love the stance, and I'm looking forward to seeing your final color scheme and finishing detail choices. I think that the kit body is perfect for an outlaw car, as you see them with lowered roofs and other mods to make them more stable at 200+ MPH.

That is incredible build. Your body mods are something that most people probably can't see, but a person who maybe owns a real '92 Mustang does and everyone who knows how much work you put into this can appreciate it even more than if it was "just" a Super Nice BoxStock build. I had a lot of fun following your WIP thread and there I saw the first time that Revell's body is not correct when there was a modified one to compare with.

The end result looks super. Paint job is very smooth and so shiny and your detailing is spot on. Everything looks just perfect to me. Great work.

Are these already for sale? What would be the price? I might get one at some point when I pick the Revell kit...

Thank you Niko. They are available, PM Greg Wann for a price shipped overseas.

-Mike S.

Great!!!

Love this generation Mustang... Wait, I love ALL Mustangs ;):P

Yes, It looks like the real deal.

I almost bought one back in 2000, but ended buying my '74 Galaxie instead. Same money, and it was a tough decision. I finally chose the Galaxie because it's a '60s car (our Galaxies here are all the U.S. 66).

• 1 month later...

Thanks José, Mike, and Terry.

Terry, the Master Caster is still working on the new mold for the body, this one will have the front bumper cover as a separate piece for casting purposes. The old one piece mold worked fine, but Greg only got around 29 pulls from it before one of the grille bars tore free. When that happens, a whole new mold has to be made. This way, if something happens to the bumper mold, the body is unaffected. He's taking care of the last issue or two with the new mold, and then the bodies should be ready soon.

-MJS