Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everyone, Mopar68 and myself are doing a couple of builds to get back into the habit of building and finishing stuff, here's what I picked- a 77 Chevy Van. All Ill say is that Mopar68 made me chop it up and ill let the pics do the rest of the talking :P

20130314.jpg

20130315.jpg

13646610.jpg

13646611.jpg

20130323.jpg

20130410.jpg

[EDIT]: Some elaboration, I'm going to be adding trips across the front of the van's replaced front end, making the front arches much smaller, possibly moving them back a few mm. Im looking at pictures of old flat-faced compact vans, and Im set on making it a double-headlight set-up, other than that im stuck for ideas on a grill assembly.... Some input from you guys would be awesome :D

Here's Zacs build http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73195#entry913973

Edited by slowlylearning

Hey, to be fair I didn't make you chop it up. Gave you the idea maybe. Strongly encouraged you perhaps. Threw a few hints, okay yeah. But I deny everything else :lol:

It's shaping up really well I think mate, I can't wait to see that front all smoothed on and some lights happening :D

If Mopar68 did make you cut this up you should thank him cause this is coming out cool as hell. I love that you slammed it but I really like what you did with that rear wheel opening. The front is different, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Keep it going, I'll defiantly be watching and welcome to the site btw, a lot of great people with cool projects here.

Mark: Yeah thats the look Im going for, Its a shame that more of these 70s vans dont get given the 'kustom' treatment.

Kerry: Yeah, truth be told after he did a photochop there was no question about chopping it up :P

Jason: Thanks for the welcome :) Yeah the front is definitely 'different' hahaha I need to make the front arches a tad smaller and shape em' to suit the rear ones, that'll give me more room to have the front curve in to the sides.

Richard: Thats great! I barely ever see these vans built un-box stock :D

Richard: Awesome! Youll have to let me know when you put up some pictures! Im still learning this forum layout :P Just figured out how to have an avatar picture lol

Virgil: All in good time my friend, when a certain book arrives I think Ill be having a sudden burst of inspiration ;)

Allrighto, a little progress... Not much, but Im getting there. Resized and reshaped the front arches, awaiting putty. Cut out a shape for the front pan that Im gunna make later.

20130412.jpg

20130413.jpg

The front end was giving my the grumps, so I decided to so something completely unnecessary
20130414.jpg

20130415.jpg

Then after about half an hour of staring into space I started making an intake for a new mustang motor and got this far
20130416.jpg
Kind of a sporadic night of building for me :P

Coming along well KC, the front arch looks about as close to perfect as anyone would dare get I reckon.

Did you chop the screen on that Ford, or is that an optional kit piece?

Also interested to know what that Mustang part will be going in...... hmmmmm :D