Model Cars Magazine Forum

68-9 barracuda notchback?

:D you can also get one at modelhause.

The Modelhaus version is a '67 MY . The f.b/g is slightly different . The taillights differ . The hood is different . The body is missing side markers / reflectors mandated by the Feds . MoPar paid fines for every '68 MY they made for the little round side markers . MoPar did the same for the '69 MY for reflectors instead of lights . The fines were outlandish . The Product Identification ; Priceless . In the day before this phrase was "coined" .

If all else fails , May I suggest a Modelhaus '67 Notch back & '68 fb/g , taillights and add the small round side markers . In the '80's there were tutorials to make these . The kit makers made the body trim and detail way too shallow / thin . Only to be buried in the primer coat . What's that ? Still doing this ? You could check photo etch parts . Thanx ..

I drilled holes on the body and inserted /super glued a small aluminum tube, then once dry fill fill the hole in the tube with paint of your choice to replicate the red and the amber , then polish .

Tada , almost instant 1968 side markers

• 2 weeks later...