Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lowboy 32 sedan

zaina

post-8939-0-90325200-1350788991_thumb.jppost-8939-0-24967300-1350788958_thumb.jp

Not sure how I'm going to do the rear yet. Couple of ideas but not sure if it would work like this 1:1. Here are a couple of pix. There will also be coil overs. All you experts out there please let me know if this would work. Thanks

Depending on how committed to the Caddy mill you are, you might check out Crazyjim's Nail head. l've used a couple & they're Very nice! Bart.

BTW, l like what's happening here, which is why l'm suggesting the Nail Headi

Edited by Bartster

post-8939-0-90325200-1350788991_thumb.jppost-8939-0-24967300-1350788958_thumb.jp

Not sure how I'm going to do the rear yet. Couple of ideas but not sure if it would work like this 1:1. Here are a couple of pix. There will also be coil overs. All you experts out there please let me know if this would work. Thanks

The short answer to your question would be NO. However, it can be made to work. On this frame the floor is molded in, so you can't see it, but that chassis would most likely have one more cross member right where the floor "steps up". If you make this cross member visible, you can then make two more links, which would go from the top of the diff to that cross member. They would have to go in a triangular fashion to prevent lateral movement of the axle. Pretty much imagine a "V" starting on top of the diff case and spreading out towards the cross member.

I hope this helps.

Michael

In 1:1 you would need at least one bar coming off the top of the diff. to keep the axle housing from rotating backwards. And you would also need a panard bar to keep the axle centered under the car. There are a couple of different ways you could set it up parralel four link with panard bar or a triagulated four link would be another option and wouldn't need the panard bar. Hope this helps and it looking good so far. Jeff