Model Cars Magazine Forum

LoneStar with Flames and Beall tanker

they have not really caught on in Europe because it reduces the permitted axle weight by using them, instead of duels, but super singles are very popular on the steer axles because of the longer tyre life, and better stability, but they do tend to get caught in the tramlines on a worn out road.

still a great model though

dan color with flames look very good

and the tyres [ single drive ] have seen on hankstruckpictures a peterbilt with a gas trailer al single drive

its a strange sight to see [ its look for my as a elephant on ballet shoes ]

but its look need

follow this beautie

jacobus

dan color with flames look very good

and the tyres [ single drive ] have seen on hankstruckpictures a peterbilt with a gas trailer al single drive

its a strange sight to see [ its look for my as a elephant on ballet shoes ]

but its look need

follow this beautie

jacobus

Thanks for reminding me of this pic I have!!

pilot_pb_378_tanker_i10_fl_02-09_zps7b29

It's a little hard to see, but if you look closely at the rear tandem of the trailer, you can see the brake drum sticking out like I described a few days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this thing looks better all the time....I like the choice of the Bealle tanker for this truck...And the super singles are pretty awesome, too...I totally agree on your take on them, too.....I think the real ones should be this width, anyway....It just looks better.....And it's amazing....You see a lot of tankers with those, too...Nice work, Man...

Edited by kilrathy10

I just hooked the tanker up to see how it looked at this point in the build and took the pictures to post. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it plane or find a logo to put on it. I'm going to add some fenders on the front of the trailer and I'm checking on how the side marker lights are wired I've seen some where the wires are attached on the side of the tank. The piping on the underside is light blue on the trailer legs the kit has them chrome but I'm not sure how real that is I'm thinking of making them light blue to. Again thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Dan,

Awesome work on both the Lonestar cab and Beall tanker! I have two of the Beall trailers, but have been hesitant to build them. Mine will be converted to fire service water tankers, and the chrome piping on the passenger side will be removed, as well as the addition of several compartments along the body. Any feedback you can share on the tanker build? Look forward to following your progress on this build!

David