Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

There are still quite a few of the old XJs around in Colorado, at least that's how I remember it..they were very popular there and had a long run...

There are quite a few of them still on the road here, too, but you're not likely to see them in Paradise Valley and Scottsdale. Although an attorney friend of mine has one for a daily driver, set up Baja style.

A lot of them are running around in very good condition, but "dolled up" in Baja prerunner form, jacked up with sand tires, extra lights, and roof luggage rack-mounted baskets, spare wheels/tires, and highjacker jacks.

Still very popular.

Classic car owners were out in number on a warm afternoon around Lake Zürich today.

Here a sample - (sorry, I never carry a camera and my phone is simply a phone.)

3x 65/66 Mustang convertibles in convoy.

68 Mustang.

73 Buick 4 door sedan, like Kojak's car but pristine in silver.

64 Studebaker Hawk

Two 61/62 Jaguar E-types

65 Aston Martin

MGA

Triumph TR2

McLaren

1928 Rolls Royce in bright yellow.

IMG_1218-vi.jpgIMG_1219-vi.jpgIMG_1220-vi.jpgIMG_1221-vi.jpgIMG_1217-vi.jpg

I saw this sitting on Route 100 on my way home from the Super September Showdown yesterday. Since I had my camera from being at the show, I decided to stop and take a closer look. The car is in nice shape, and overall well done. It needed a headliner, and the seat work isn't to my taste. But overall a cool car. Notice that it is for sale, although no price was posted. I'm trying not to call the guy! :)

The car in the background is a Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible that had a price of $18,900 on it because it had 6,000 original miles.

Hmmmm, a silver '56 Austin-Healy, driven by a customer, a red '72 Skylark 2dr Post with fairly loud exhaust, Yellow and black '71-'73 Mustang, a stock and possibly original white '58 or '59 Vette, a red Tesla sedan, and a black CTS-V Sedan, had a mild drop and also with fairly loud exhaust.

And I'm not even home from work yet!

Edited by Joe Handley

On the way home from Wally World I saw a yellow '69 Dodge Coronet R/T. I couldn't manage to catch up to it to see what engine it had due to "Sunday drivers" ahead of me. You know the type...H.U.A. drivers sight-seeing, lane deviating, and way under the speed limit when they should be looking in front of them.

On the way home from Wally World I saw a yellow '69 Dodge Coronet R/T. I couldn't manage to catch up to it to see what engine it had due to "Sunday drivers" ahead of me. You know the type...H.U.A. drivers sight-seeing, lane deviating, and way under the speed limit when they should be looking in front of them.

And if you caught up to it, how would you know what engine it had? :blink: