Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished 2 NASCARs 1990 Ernie Irvan and 2005 Mike Bliss....

Billy Kingsley

I actually had the Mike Bliss car done about three weeks ago, but I needed to do the tire decals, and then I've been waiting for the sun to come out...I believe the last time it made an appearence here was 1988. Feels like it, anyway!

Since I finished that one first, I will post it first. Basic almost box stock Revell 03-05 Monte, with the ignition boxes moved to the top of the dash. Decals come from my friend John Barker and the contingencys from JWTBM and Cherry Run decals.

2006June6th063-vi.jpg

2006June6th064-vi.jpg

2006June6th065-vi.jpg

2006June6th066-vi.jpg

2006June6th067-vi.jpg

And the Ernie Irvan car. Totally box stock build from the Kodak Olds combo, I completed the Rick Wilson car from it a few weeks ago. Just another car in my line of Kodak cars, I have a few more coming too. This is the second NASCAR that I spray painted the chassis on, the first was the Wilson car. I used the kit decals (the rear stripe was a pain in the butt, too) and I brush painted the grill work and the C pillars, as the decals would just not work for those areas. Cherry Run decals also provided the Busch, Winston and NASCAR logos too. This is the second Ernie Irvan car I've done. I also did his #56 Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet Dealership sponsored Aerocoupe last year.

The first two and the last one picture are the most accurate color wise. Had some cloud issues. But it was actually sunny for just a few minutes and I had to take what I could get!

2006June6th068-vi.jpg

2006June6th069-vi.jpg

2006June6th071-vi.jpg

2006June6th070-vi.jpg

2006June6th072-vi.jpg

2006June6th073-vi.jpg