Model Cars Magazine Forum

Budweiser Clydesdale

Barbo

Hi....This is my new poject the ''The Budweiser Clydesdale'' plastic model kit by AMT.Its a great and easy model kit , but its a slow painting task for all 8 horses detalis. The only color dificult to find was the brown- terracota for the horses. The rest is almost done. Thanks for the model gift, my friend Luis Ayala...and for sure it will be a diorama....Barbo http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/mb4985/100_0771.jpg http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/mb4985/100_0772.jpg

I'm glad you decided to build that kit; most of them seem to be in the hands of "collectors" and will never see glue and paint. my great aunt Dorothy had me working on one of these for her just before i joined the Navy in 1982 and it went missing after she died; unfinished as far as i know. she was a major modeling matron of mine; she supplied me with many models over the years as birthday and christmas presents.

does your kit have waterslide decals for the crates or are they the polyfilm self-stickers? i recall hers having the sticker type and i was not happy trying to get them to work.

Hi......Yes, they are polyfilm-self stickers . Believe me I stood two nights asking my self..build it or not . But I decided to build it . I know its a collectors item , but it will be anyway after it is done.....thanks for your comments..........Barbo.

That's cool! I don't remember seeing that kit before. What scale is it?

As a builder more than a collector, the fact it's been built instead of "collecting" dust makes it even better :)

I remember as a kid seeing them in PR back in the late 70's early 80's and the size was impressive.

Thanks,

Hi...Bill MacDonald ..Now thats a real old model . I advise you to prepare your self , if you ever decide to build the 10 Mule Team Kit . I got worned out by just painting 8 horses , 10 mules is alot of work. So take it easy and drink coffee every 2 hours.........barbo.

Hi....About the conversion factor to change mulepower to horsepower is made by the multiplication of 2 mules per horse ,but the problem is that the mule does not have the same power duration as the horse. WOW , it sounds true , well thats what my friend next door told me , he has great horses ...well I do not believe him anyway, so if anyone has a best conversion factor...is welcome........Barbo.

Hi...Bill MacDonald ..Now thats a real old model . I advise you to prepare your self , if you ever decide to build the 10 Mule Team Kit . I got worned out by just painting 8 horses , 10 mules is alot of work. So take it easy and drink coffee every 2 hours.........barbo.

I'm guessing my mother got this as a mail-in freeby back in the '50's or early '60's. I doubt I will ever build it.....not really my thing, but interesting nontheless!

maybe i missed it but what was the approximate scale of the mule team?

i remember watching the old western anthology tv show when i were but a nobbin. some scale livestock for dioramas/trucks would be welcome; better than the dollhouse variety of mixed-scale and badly proportioned and painted stuff we already have (since LGB stuff is 1:22.5 ratio)

(how did they come up with that oddball number? i've read several opinions on how airfix, aurora, and monogram settled on 1/24 and the rest on 1/25 due to methods of scale reduction in modeling; but the 1:22.5 ratio doesn't seem to fit either version easily. if they did it JUST to be different from model cars and trucks, WHY? it doesn't seem to make good business sense to isolate your product unnecessarily.)