Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brand new tool ....... no comments ????

:? Help me out here, I know I'm far from be a prolific poster in this forum. I would think that a post previewing a brand new tool would be worthy of at least a couple of comments after a week. Apparently not as of this post. So at least clue my in on the problem, is it ....

A. I posted it in the wrong place (it's in New Kit Reviews) or some other posting error.

B. The subject matter is so unispiring that it's not worth commenting about.

C. Everybody so busy debating the quality of some old resin (or is it an old resin caster) that they didn't see it.

D. I'm completely off my rocker, you have know idea why I posted this. Lets get this guy some help !!!!!

E. Something else, but we won't tell you hoping you become answer D.

-Steve

Well Steve. I guess there are fewer monster truck fans out here than you expected. The model/testshot is in the right forum and the build up looks good. Molded in black makes it tough to see... but that would be my only critique. Other than the subject matter...

Good to see that Lindberg is back in business! :lol:

So at least clue my in on the problem, is it ....

B. The subject matter is so unispiring that it's not worth commenting about.

B Is the closest answer for me. Not a perfect answer though. I would simply say that monster trucks are not my cup of tea. I wouldn't want to sound snobby. I love Top Fuel, but many people feel it isn't "real" racing. To each their own.

"C. Everybody so busy debating the quality of some old resin (or is it an old resin caster) that they didn't see it."

UGH! I wish this would go away.

Echoing what Jairus said..........The buildup looks nice for a test shot, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Maybe a lot of guys here don't care for that type of vehicle, so to be polite we just don't say anything? :?

The same goes for when someone puts up a pic of a completed build............instead of commenting on every pic that gets put up, it'll be something I can relate to ie: Factory stock, '50's-'60's road racers, and the occasional exotic.

And even then I may not comment.

This is not to put down anyones work by no means.................it's just like anything else, some cars and trucks just don't appeal to me.

Frankly Steve, I just plain missed it!

I don't check that segment of the forum every day, because most of the threads are ones I have no interest in (IE, Forign cars, etc) but the one thread of late I would be interested in, I miss. Go figure!

I commented in that thread just a few moments ago, with a couple questions you might be able to answer.

Hey Steve, Sorry, I'm with Billy. I just missed it. I'm usually on the lookout

for new tools no matter the subject. but sometime I dont get to all of the posts. Maybe you should post the subject in a few different topics. Especially a new tool. Have a great day. Ron.

and don't get your knickers in a knot if folks don't "oohhh & aahhh" at your every post. sometimes it just works out that way.

keep posting subjects you think are interesting to YOU and if it stikes a chord with the populus, 'great'. if not, at least you were willing to share.

ya gotta be tough out there...

Folks,

I hope you can tell by the tone of my post I was trying to have some fun with this. It just seemed odd that for such a opinionated group, I found it surprising that I hadn't got a single comment about it.

I had done similar posts on it elsewhere and got plenty of replies which fell mostly into two groups. Those who can't wait to buy it and those who pretty much though it was a total waste of plastic. Not much in between.

Personally, Monster Tucks aren't my thing either. Regardless, I had fun building it and was very glad I was able to help my friends over at Lindberg by checking out the test shot for them.

I would like thank them for letting me share photos of something that is still "work in progress".... However, I'm not on Lindberg's payroll so you wont hurt my feelings any if you don't like the product. Just don't kill the messenger ....

-Steve

Steve, is there a possiblity that they'll do a regular Durango as Billy mentioned?

Now THAT I would buy! :D

I would like to see Lindberg do some modern day cars as well as the muscle car subjects are drying up. :wink:

i'd buy a few Durango's. and if you have the licencing to do a chrysler products, a Caliber SRT-4 would be nice.

Steve, is there a possiblity that they'll do a regular Durango as Billy mentioned?

Now THAT I would buy! :D

I would like to see Lindberg do some modern day cars as well as the muscle car subjects are drying up. :wink:

I'll definitely pass along the suggestion for a Stock Durango and/or Ram Pickup kit. As far as other new tool possibilites from Hawk/Lindberg I'm betting on additional Chrysler Products as they have a very good relationship going from what I'm told.

For right now the only other new tool truck I can talk about is the Dodge Rampage Concept vehicle. It's a FWD Pickup that is powered with a 5.7 litre Hemi. No release date yet but hopefully you'll see at least a test shot by the end of the year.

-Steve

I'm waitin for the Raminator to come out. Not a huge fan of 1:1 monsters, but I LOVE building em. I'm glad they chose a Dodge too, as there arent any tube frame Mopars currently available, only GM and Ford. DEF. on my "to get" list.