Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody from Iowa

OldTimer50707

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, Lee. Sorry it's been awhile since I've looked at this thread. Funny thing about that race being rained out, hasn't hardly rained at all this summer until last night. What is your main interests in model building. I just started building again a couple of years ago after a long time away from the hobby. I build mostly street machines, custom, hot rods and I have started getting interested in drag cars. I would like to build some older dirt stock cars at some point. Do you have a club or any local hobby shops in your area? Well, I hope your next trip to Newton is without rain. It's actually not a bad place to live and a pretty nice track and facility at the Iowa Speedway.

• 4 weeks later...

Grew up in Iowa City, IA and I now live in Riverside, IA. Been building for 30+ years. Have not been that active for the last few years (two teen kids) but next month we are moving to a new house with a room that WILL BE my model room.

Carmak