Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hubley Hot Rod

AzTom

WOW that looks great!!

What time period is that diecast from?

I think these were done in the 50's. Hubley made several Model A, 32 Chevy, Packard and Duesenberg metal kits in the 60's.

Thanks for all of the kind words, It was a fun project.

AzTom

WOW that looks great!!

What time period is that diecast from?

The Hubley diecast kits were first released in the early Sixties. They were available off and on from various manufacturers until about the turn of the century.

This Hot Rod and an Indy style racer are the rarest of the bunch - they were only available for the first two years and have never been reissued.

Edited by Junkman

Nice job, it looks good. If the first pic is the original version though, I would have kept it that way..... B)

That is not the way it came from the factory, these were unpainted kits, made from 1959 to 1962. Someone built this years ago, the windshield/dash was missing along with the four original hub caps. I reworked a Hubley Model A dash and windshield to fit. The mag wheels are from am AMT Resto Rods kit, being about 18 in rims in 1/25 they worked great in the 1/20 tires.

Thanks Again,

AzTom

That is not the way it came from the factory, these were unpainted kits, made from 1959 to 1962. Someone built this years ago, the windshield/dash was missing along with the four original hub caps. I reworked a Hubley Model A dash and windshield to fit. The mag wheels are from am AMT Resto Rods kit, being about 18 in rims in 1/25 they worked great in the 1/20 tires.

Thanks Again,

AzTom

You did a superb job bringing this one back from the dead. And the kit itself - the spirit of hot rodding cast in metal.