Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's hear it ILLINOIS modelers

Monte's Motors

My mistake again........I can't seem to find any info on the DuPage show and I'm not at home to check any of their old fliers for info or links. I might be back in Chicago next week though, I'll know later today. If I am able to get back there I will try to find out what I can.

I've got a 1:1 car show to go to on that very same day, so I'm still debating where I'll be on that Sunday morning. I should know by next week. I really don't need anymore models, but I haven't been there in awhile and it would be great to see all the guys I know from over the past 35+ years.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to say, sometimes we're so busy we hardly have time to breath, others are painfully dead in multiple ways, others it's one of the prior broken up by the other on occasion. On the coworker front, it shouldn't be bad, nobody on scheduled that makes you want to intentionally mis-use an X-Acto knife.

Edited by Joe Handley

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who live in Illinois or southern Wisconsin, there was an AWESOME car show this weekend at the Rosemont Convention Center in the Chicagoland area. It was the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals which seems to get better every year and the first year was just great to begin with. While admission was a bit pricey, it was well worth it to see the show. I did take a lot of photos and hopefully when I upload them, they will help me get out of my "building slump" and inspire me to start (and finish) a few more models.

There was a model car contest there as well, as there have been for the last three years, but it never really "took off" and the participation was slim as it has been in the past.

• 4 weeks later...