Model Cars Magazine Forum

Since I began the assembly of my client's Protar Fiat 806, I became more and more involved with Protar kits...

They are extremely well done, solved and complete...the motorcycle kits are of very famous machines, lots of them of the Golden Era, they have many metal parts and are becoming very difficult to find...

My client brought from Italy a lot of them, which I'm buying from him little by little...

Tarquinio Provini, a great Italian motorcycle champion, when retired began the production of these kits...if you join the first 3 letters of his name and surname;inverted; you have the "PROTAR" brand...

Sadly, as happened with Pocher, these kit's production ceased many years ago due to a lot of factors...so, they are becoming collectors items and hence their prices will begin skyrocketing very soon...

Enough for the story, let's go back to the kits....all in scale 1/9, they are big enough for my tastes and of course they are potentially very prone for superdetailing....they are detailed from the box already, but I will work them to excruciating detailing from now on.....

My first motorbike kit will be the Suzuki RG 500, a very famous Grand Prix machine that was produced by the factory in the mid 70's, and it had among other curiosities a 2 stroke, 4 cylinder, water cooled engine...

It won a lot of competitions till the 80's and was raced by very famous pilots of the time...

Let's begin with the frame, which you can see already cleaned, deflashed (metal parts comes with a LOT of it!), and with the first coats of primer...the frame is being assembled only with scale hardware...

P5020053.jpg

P5020054.jpg

P5020055.jpg

P5020056.jpg

The rear oscilating frame has received the same treatment and is also assembled with scale hardware...

P5020068.jpg

P5020069.jpg

P5020070.jpg

The front lower part of the front fork's dampers, semi-polished and with the brake calipers bolted in place...

P5020052.jpg

Part of the front fork's parts...notice the specially built bolts, washers, spacers, etc...

http://P5020057.jpg

P5020058.jpg

I was warned of no more picture capacity, so I'll leave now till the next post...

Thanks for watching...

Mario

Edited by mario lucchini