Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1/20th Ford Van to be reissued..

Rob Hall

I've got all the 1/20 MPC vans (I think) ;) got 11 different ones.

I'm keen to get a few of these, I'll mould the 2WD bits out of my other kits if I need to convert them.

Bet the guy that one this the other week is happy they're reissuing it too. :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231283761990?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

It is missing from Round 2's web site. It was there a few days ago. I'm hoping they've decided to relook at this kit and find a way of backdating to an earlier version of the kit. Like they done with a few other kits. The late 70's/early 80's decor and four-wheel drive did nothing for me. Offering a stock van with options to build it into other things, makes a lot more sense to me. I hoping that's what's going on here.

Scott

It is missing from Round 2's web site. It was there a few days ago. I'm hoping they've decided to relook at this kit and find a way of backdating to an earlier version of the kit. Like they done with a few other kits. The late 70's/early 80's decor and four-wheel drive did nothing for me. Offering a stock van with options to build it into other things, makes a lot more sense to me. I hoping that's what's going on here.

Scott

I don't know how much funds they will have to sink into it, to turn it back to stock, maybe just maybe, it's more economically viable to use a vintage kit, to tool up a 1/25th scale version and scrap the old tool.

Just thinking out loud, no more no less...but sure would like to take a peek on the pre-orders of the "70 AMX

Just thinking out loud, no more no less...but sure would like to take a peek on the pre-orders of the "70 AMX

Considering the near fist-fights that have broken out over a mere inch in scale differences between 1/24 and 1/25 around here, I wonder if the Power of Nostalgia Compels You (Say it like in 'The Exorcist') will over come the fact that other than F1 cars, 1/20th is the red headed stepchild of the automotive modeling world.

I don't know how much funds they will have to sink into it, to turn it back to stock, maybe just maybe, it's more economically viable to use a vintage kit, to tool up a 1/25th scale version and scrap the old tool.

Other than F1 subjects, I don't care much for 1/20th, though I do have a couple of the MPC 1/20th Corvettes. I may get the AMX, because I don't have a '70 in any scale and the subject. I'd be interested in the van if it could be built stock, but the 4x4 custom doesn't appeal to me.