Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius / Model King '69 Ford F100 box art

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While you may have had similar looking caps, the difference between this original F100 cap and the above cap in 1:1 is about an inch in ID

6772hbcp100_zps88d16c03.jpg

...these were also made with an argent finish

mike

Edited by mk11

my80malibu, on 01 Nov 2014 - 1:20 PM, said:

My half ton had those what is the difference,

Your truck must have had 16" wheels and tires then. With all due respect, the hubcaps in the drawing will not fit on a 15" wheel. I've owned many of that generation of Ford truck and my dad bought a 71 F100 brand new and the 15" wheels had the caps in the photos that mk11 posted. He is right about that style of cap being smaller than the car pictured on the model. I don't know how that error got past Moebius, but hopefully the model has the right caps which by the way, are the same as the dog dish caps on the 68 Ford passenger cars. The car and the pickup also shared the same "Custom" rear quarter scripts on the cheaper models. It was a friend of mine who spotted the eror and he too has owned more than a few F series trucks. I am not trying to start an argument but I know these trucks pretty well. :):)

Looks great....man I hope our hobby lobby get them in... :wub:

Does Hobby Lobby carry Moebius? We just got a Hobby Lobby in the last month or so finally, I was absolutely amazed at the size of the modeling aisle but I don't recall seeing much other than Revell/AMT?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hobby Lobby won't carry Moebius kits because HL takes offense to their line of "monster" kits, or some nonsense along those lines. Moebius has tried time and again to get their products into HL, and HL continues to refuse. One more reason to avoid that place like the plague.

Hobby Lobby won't carry Moebius kits because HL takes offense to their line of "monster" kits, or some nonsense along those lines. Moebius has tried time and again to get their products into HL, and HL continues to refuse. One more reason to avoid that place like the plague.

I buy all of the new kits from HL. I just can't pass on the 40% off coupon. I had never noticed that they didn't carry Moebius kits. But then, I was never looking for them either. If they really want their kits there, they could just sell their automotive kits to them. More than likely, the reason HL doesn't want to have the monster kits is because they don't sell like automotive kits.

Wow? Yes I can see where the would think images of film monsters of the 30's and pop culture icons would go against their "projected selves". But they were cashing in on Halloween in July last year. Oh well there is always Michael's?

• 2 weeks later...