Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Coronet R/T

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

This is my first completion in 15 months since I finished the red '73 Trans Am. It feels really good to get back to the bench and accomplish something. I've listed the major details of the build below.

The body is a Resin King '68 Coronet R/T that was a real challenge to get looking this good. I used a chassis from an AMT '69 Charger Daytona and an interior from an AMT '69 GTX. The front seats are resin copies from a Revell Dodge Magnum and the gauges are custom white faced units from Keith Marks. Paint is Duplicolor Super White with Tamiya TS-13 clear. The R/T stripe is from Fred Cady and the R/T emblems are Model Car Garage photoetch. The six pack hood is a BRP Resin piece that I mastered.

The engine is from the Charger Daytona with resin cast M/T valve covers. Intake system is from the AMT '70 Coronet pro street kit, as are the drive pullies and alternator. The wiper motor and master cylinder came from a Revell '69 Charger kit.

Wheels and tires are 19" Aoshimas with black painted spokes and resin Brembo disc brakes. Other details include door handles and a rear view mirror from the Revell '69 Charger kit and a rear wing from a Revell '71 Hemicuda. The '69 GTX kit gave up its glass and the chrome bumpers and grille came from Modelhaus.

Enjoy the pics.

100_1791-vi.jpg

100_1801-vi.jpg

100_1803-vi.jpg

100_1809-vi.jpg

100_1810-vi.jpg

100_1806-vi.jpg

100_1811-vi.jpg

looks good buddy! I bet it does feel good to get back to the bench, with all thats been going on with me, I've had no desire to build, but its coming back now that i've started my new job and gotten my own place...and theres a hobby shop about 5 minutes from me

keep on building man!

Gray

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this one the first time it was at the top. Very righteous build! I watched the under construction posts and I was diggin' it the whole time. Great result! The white with black is perfectly timely. It is really big in the import scene right now. Particularly the VW scene. This is sooo appropriate, it's not funny!

It just works!

I wanted to tell you, your work motivates me to stray from the hot rod builds I love so much. Nothing wrong with that! :o If you liked my Comet, wait until you see the next Pro-touring build I have up my sleeve! :blink:

Sorry I missed this one the first time it was at the top. Very righteous build! I watched the under construction posts and I was diggin' it the whole time. Great result! The white with black is perfectly timely. It is really big in the import scene right now. Particularly the VW scene. This is sooo appropriate, it's not funny!

It just works!

I wanted to tell you, your work motivates me to stray from the hot rod builds I love so much. Nothing wrong with that! B) If you liked my Comet, wait until you see the next Pro-touring build I have up my sleeve! ;)

oh boy oh boy!!! :blink: