Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Chevy Truck up date 2/25

A little done, but not much. Worked on the tonneau cover today. I added channel to the inside of the bed so the cover will sit flush. Made a two piece cover out of grooved sheet and made hinges with brass tubing and rod. Will add more channel on the sides of the bed next. So I think I am done with the body mods just need to start smoothing body out for paint. Next I will tackle the interior and motor. Then I will complete the chassis. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0610-vi.jpgIMG_0611-vi.jpg

IMG_0613-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

I think candy apple red would look awesome on it! :lol:

I was thinking of one of the colors on the original drawings of orange or purple, never even thought of candy apple red. You might be on to something there candy apple red would look great on this build. Thanks

Very nice John ! This right here along with your other custom 1ofakind projects is what makes you 1 of my fav's as a model builder ! Can't wait to see it completed ! Hope to see you this weekend at the show !

I'll be at the show this weekend ,but I wish I had some completed models to bring. I got the building part down now if only I could paint like you. If you never seen any of Davids paint jobs your missing out on some of the best. See you this weekend at the Heartland David

Edited by customsrus

Had to make tail lights for this beast. Had some caddy tail lights but they would not fit. So I pulled out my trusted old dremel, chucked a piece of clear red sprue into it. Used a sanding stick to get basic shape, then used various grits of sand paper and then used some good old polish to shine them up. What do you think. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0616-vi.jpgIMG_0621-vi.jpg

IMG_0619-vi.jpgIMG_0623-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

Had to make tail lights for this beast. Had some caddy tail lights but they would not fit. So I pulled out my trusted old dremel, chucked a piece of clear red sprue into it. Used a sanding stick to get basic shape, then used various grits of sand paper and then used some good old polish to shine them up. What do you think. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0616-vi.jpgIMG_0621-vi.jpg

IMG_0619-vi.jpgIMG_0623-vi.jpg

wow that's some cool trick to do those lights !

As promised here are a couple of pictures of the tires I picked up at the Heartland this weekend.Big and little wide whites.They are Modelhaus tires.I also played with the ride height on the front wheels. What do you think up or down on the front?

IMG_0625-vi.jpgIMG_0628-vi.jpg

IMG_0633-vi.jpgIMG_0635-vi.jpg

Nice work turning the picture into reality. I've got an OLD (20 plus years)Brad Leisure drawing that I started doing the same a long time ago. I need to get it finished some day. I agree on the higher ride height for the front end.

Later-

Very kool......the lights do not seem as deep as Brad drew them (IMHO) but put a blue dot in the center and that would add.

Also agree with those wide whites (perfect!) keep the nose level..........Great Job!!!! :lol:;):lol:

Worked on the interior today. Used plastic tubing cut in half for the pleats.Did a little shaping to tubing. I outlined the door panel with small pieces of round plastic. Will still have to make a center console.I might add some pleating to the lower half of the dash?, maybe. Also I cut out the center of the door panel on the 64 chevy truck and mocked it up in one of the pictures. If I use these I will embed them into the panel. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0650-vi.jpgIMG_0649-vi.jpg

IMG_0642-vi.jpgIMG_0648-vi.jpg

Update on the interior.Added pleats to bottom half of dash using round tubing cut in half (same as I did on the rest of the interior. Cut out speaker and covered it with plastic.Made a center console using a parts box part (good the I got extra parts).Modified console with plastic before covering it with pleats.Cut hole for shifter. Used some tubing for the clock opening on the console, Also mde an armrest out of sheet plastic then covered it with pleats also.Wow too many pleats??.Still a little more needs to be done to complete the interior. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0651-vi.jpgIMG_0653-vi.jpg

IMG_0654-vi.jpgIMG_0655-vi.jpg

IMG_0656-vi.jpgIMG_0657-vi.jpg