Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monster STUDE!!!!!!!!

Clay

Here is my inspiration for this build

studemonster.jpg

Ok guys I am starting this one. I am using the Jurrasic Attack monster truck kit as a donor. I decided to go with a stock 53 Studebaker body as the wheel base is already short enough as it is with out have to extend the altered wheel base Miss Deal body. This is going to be a very basic kit. Not too much detailing going on here. Just trying to get the swing of customizing things.

First off is the body, I had to cut the inner wheel wells out, I opened the drivers side door, those who actually watch Monster Jam know that Grave Digger has an opening driver's side door, and I opened the trunk and notched it to fit on the chassis. The door and trunk will be hinged.

Havent decided on paint yet. Will try to place an order from testors here soon (if the wife lets me) to get some supplies.

The chassis will be black with a few silver items here and there.

I will edit this post as soon as I get the pictures uploaded when I get home from duty tomorrow. Yay.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........so tired, but hearing noises, so no sleep. Ok time to hit the tab key then enter.

Edited by Clay

Very nice start! Building the snake bite with my youngest, the TNMNT with my second oldest and the Big Foot with my daughter, I can attest that these frames and suspensions are real boogers to do. The best of luck to you one them!! I love the way they look, but absolutly hate the way they go together! I love your idea and do look forward to seeing more!!Jody

Yeah the chassis is being a pain in the you know what. Half the time the super glue doesnt want to be all that super, then it wants to be too super then the chassis wants to come apart. So I will take a break from it for a day or two and go back to it, hopefully in the mean time I can work on something else.

I learned to leave the lines off of the rear ends and use the shocks and the rods to attach it. Then attach the lines last. Then the drive shafts too.Though you will have to snip the nubs off of them to slide them into position. Thats the easiest I have found. nThe frame itself was a nightmare too trying to get all of the cross members in there. Basically I try to do one at a time after the last dried. Though sometimes the last does still pop out! Definetly not user friendly.LOL. Jody