Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Karz, build off,

Gothic Kustomz

OK, here's an idea, depending n how many people wanna do this, this will be a contest, voted on by your peer's, say starts OCTOBER 1st. till say Last day of January, open to all ages, and all levels of builders.

Rules:

(1) Any kinda Kustom, any make, year, model, or style, car, truck, SUV, low rider's, street freaks, even rigs, just like the car show folks.

(2) Can be a new kit, an old one, a current project,

(3) Must be able to post W.I.P.'s, from start to finish, ( meaning if ya enter, ya gotta start posting the W.I.P. pic's) If there are no W.I.P pic's guess what, your out.

(4) Scratch building is a go, so is kit bashing.

(5) NO PE parts, (photo etch), lets see some talent.

(6) No build bashing.

(7) Be respectful of other builders,

(8) do not show finished builds, these must be in progress,

The winner will get a prize, yes from me personaly, ok, yeah thru the mail, if your interested, then post your name here, and what you might have in mind for the build, not the actual build, but what your gonna enter.

MR JORDAN WHITE, Aoshima Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder)

KENNYBOY, Ferrari 340 Competizione (Gullwing America).

DrKerry, "Panic Tang"

Kratvmnd, '76-'79 Nissan 330 Cedric.

BKcustoms, '51 Henery J Kustom.

Jantrix, '49 Ford Kustom.

JasonFl, '? Mercury.

Mr.Camaro, CJ Jeep Hot Rod.

OK, we have 8, I know for fact there are more kustom, mild to wild, builders out there, :D

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

Could be interesting, are you planning on creating categories?

Categories? for what? this is Kustomz, no categories, just pure thinking out of the field, mild to wild, when it comes time to vote, I will try and set some standerd, like paint, interior, scratch building, kit bashing, engine detail without Photo etch, realism, and just how practical, imagine going to a kustom kar show, or World of Wheels, but without the cost of admission, and right on your own 56" tv/monitor, what ever,

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

Does it have to be a kit? Can it be all kit bashed? Like three or more bodies to make one.

I have a one-of-a-kind that was never offered as a kit that I will be starting soon. I'll join with it if that is ok. Ferrari 340 Competizione (Gullwing America).

Any and all kit bashing is allowed, bring it on man, this is all about out side the field, way beyond the box, even concepts, if it's kustom, then it's in, heck phantoms are even included, ( karz they never made).

Well considering what Ken's entering I may just forfeit now and call it a day. That Compeitzone is gonna rock........ BUT, me being me, I'll give it a go just for the fun and sake of doing it...... Now I just gotta figure out what I want to do!!!!

Although this could be the push to get cranking on my 39 Ford kustom koupe!!!

Edited by DrKerry

Well considering what Ken's entering I may just forfeit now and call it a day. That Compeitzone is gonna rock........ BUT, me being me, I'll give it a go just for the fun and sake of doing it...... Now I just gotta figure out what I want to do!!!!

Although this could be the push to get cranking on my 39 Ford kustom koupe!!!

k'mon man jump in, say yer in, I'll list yer name, k'mon ya know ya wanna, can ya feel the arm twisting going on here, LOL.

When I saw this topic, I quickly left the site. About five minutes later I had a kit ordered that I have been waiting for an excuse to buy/build.(I'll keep you in suspense until it arrives-about a week). Sign me up! One suggestion though-due to the short notice on the start date,and the fact that Thanksgiving and Christmas (vacation/travel holidays) fall within the relatively short start/end dates,it may benefit to extend it a little further,maybe the END of January. I know in my case,(and I imagine a lot of you too) I don't get much building done between Thanksgiving and New Years. Just a thought.. Either way,I will be joining in,I'll let you know what it will be when it arrives.