Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Pro Mod Vette.......Updated 09/28/14

1320wayne

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Back to work on this one yet again. Maybe.........maybe.........maybe.........I can stay focused on this build now long enough to get it finished once and for all. What little bit I've gotten done since putting this one back on the bench is to get started on the front suspension. The rough-in work is done for the passenger side and is all attached. Now I just have to go back through and do the detail painting and assemble the brake rotor, caliper and brake lines.

Progress will still be slow as driving a truck over the road doesn't give much benchtime available. But, at least this ones back on the bench and staying there and updates will be periodic until finished.

IMG_20130528_134333_077-vi.jpg

IMG_20130528_134440_027-vi.jpg

IMG_20130528_134459_963-vi.jpg

IMG_20130528_134551_479-vi.jpg

IMG_20130528_134636_403-vi.jpg

looks great Wayne!!

can you show a picture of the front and the side of the slicks you are using?

Jeremy, I currently don't have any up close pics. of the rear slicks and I am out of town on business but here is what I can tell you.

I originally was going to use the So Real/Pegasus slicks but the useable space inside this narrow body wouldn't allow it so I switched to a pair of slimmer, pre printed Action diecast slicks off a 1/24/25th diecast top fuel or funny car. I simply sanded down the tread area and that's it.

• 1 year later...

Well over a year since my last update on this one. While I am slowly working on the 69 Camaro I figured that I should try and get back to work on this one. Unfortunately, sitting packed away for some time a problem arose with the front clip where the clear coat formed a bunch of small bubbles in the finish that I was unable to rub out. So, looking like it's been in a crash and the repair work is being done I simply had to sand down the front end and start over with fresh paint and decals. Shouldn't be an issue matching it up as I have plenty of the original color to re-do the paint and printed off another sheet of decals. It also allows me to fix a few small flaws that I wasn't happy with as well.

And while I am fixing the front clip I went back to work on the rear suspension. I got the inside of the body sanded down to the point where the rear suspension fits perfectly and lines up with no problems. Now I can start on the links and the springs and spring mounts and get this thing permanently attached.

Stay tuned for more progress. Still not home much but at least now my bench is setup where I can work on this one every time that I am home.

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg