Model Cars Magazine Forum

Probably won't touch a model for awhile

I just won't have the time to build models much my life is making some changes. My girlfriend has bought a house and she has a honey do list as long as my arm. I'm looking at a ton of work and I'm thankful I paid attention to my pop's when I worked for his drywall business. I'll still pop in from time to time just to see what I'm missing.

A honey do list ??? Come on bro, I've got three kids, work out of town, and so does my wife, which leaves me as mr mom three nights a week, two projects in the garage, a ton of projects in the house. There is always time to put in a little work on some plastic.... You have a counter in your bathroom right !! ?

A honey do list ??? Come on bro, I've got three kids, work out of town, and so does my wife, which leaves me as mr mom three nights a week, two projects in the garage, a ton of projects in the house. There is always time to put in a little work on some plastic.... You have a counter in your bathroom right !!

I take a lap tray with me. :lol:

Don't set a standard that you will have to keep up for the next forty or so years. Take your time and don't finish that honey do list to fast. She very may well expect that kind of dedication forever. Your weekend could end up like this, no watching football, no modeling, no guy things, just matching the paint to the decorative pillows in the bedroom at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Just some advice from one married guy to a about to be married guy.

"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together."

The great and wise Red Green

Edited by 2000-cvpi

She doesn't read this so it's safe here. The ring is already bought and soon under the tree so no she isn't pushing it

the ring is bought and will be under the tree?

no..no...NOOOO!... don't do that way!. wrapping an engagement ring up as a gift is just wrong in so many ways. be a man wait in till after all gifts have been opened and then pull the ring out from where ever you have it stashed and ask her. better yet ask her on x-mas eve. just whatever you do don't make it into a gift because that is not what it is.

Oh no ya it's not going to be a gift. I'm going down on one knee the whole bit. It's going to be well after so she doesn't see it coming! I know the answer is yes. Because she has been dropping suttle hints like "when are you going to get off your ___ and marry me. She even has her son asking to marry her.

A honey do list ??? Come on bro, I've got three kids, work out of town, and so does my wife, which leaves me as mr mom three nights a week, two projects in the garage, a ton of projects in the house. There is always time to put in a little work on some plastic.... You have a counter in your bathroom right !!

LOL

Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies. We must prioritize. I havent touched a kit in over a month myself, fall is a busy time when you own property, lots of mulching, gardens to prepeare for winter, etc. At least I've had a bit of onlime model stuff, lol. You are doing the right thing. In time, you can get back to building. I hope to be next weekend.

Oh no ya it's not going to be a gift. I'm going down on one knee the whole bit. It's going to be well after so she doesn't see it coming! I know the answer is yes. Because she has been dropping suttle hints like "when are you going to get off your ___ and marry me. She even has her son asking to marry her.

Why would she marry her son! :P

I'm speaking from over 37 wonderful years of marriage. Even though she may not share in your hobby, if she truly loves you she may even buy you something for it to show her support some day. It's kind of a reward system. Don't give up! You may even find she has an equal hobby like reading or something. Good luck!