Model Cars Magazine Forum

iHobby Preview from IMC

SteveG

Here's the first three Model Car related items to be announced from IMC other then the '59 Rambler already discussed here.

The 75 Olds Cutass kit will included all new Olds Rally wheels, sport mirrors and a decal sheet added. The Turbine Car kit will be identical to the last issue except for a new decal sheet. The display case will be available as a single item or in a two pack. List prices on the two kits will be just under $20.00 each and I expect many retailers will do better than that.

75CutlassS_Boxtop-vi.jpg

TurbineCarBoxtop-vi.jpg

DisplayCase125th-vi.jpg

These items were in the best condition so that's why there being run first. IMC wil also have three 1/48th scale aircraft kits, two watercaft kits (one ship and one submarine) to start as well. There's definately more to come assuming these do well. I've been watching all the comments in the other related posts and I hope to make a lot modelers happy with future releases.

Thanks for all your support !!!

Steve

WHA???Who??? Where???? IMC? they died out a million years ago! Did someone bring them back, or are they a totally new outfit? These are all JoHan kits so does Oakie have anything to do with it? This is the first time I;ve heard of this. Looks like they might have a chance, depending on what else they can dig up, or reverse engineer!. I wish them luck! :D :D :D;)

WHA???Who??? Where???? IMC? they died out a million years ago! Did someone bring them back, or are they a totally new outfit? These are all JoHan kits so does Oakie have anything to do with it? This is the first time I;ve heard of this. Looks like they might have a chance, depending on what else they can dig up, or reverse engineer!. I wish them luck! :D :D :D;)

Logo-vi.jpg

IMC is a new total separate company not affilated with Okey Spaulding or the old IMC brand. Okey is still in business, I just saw him at Toledo. IMC is based out of Rockford, lL and has a molding facility in the Northeastern US, R&D is being done in Northeast Ohio. IMC will not be using the Johan or X-el names on any of their products.

Steve

Edited by SteveG

Steve , I seem to recall Johan Haneil doing a couple of smaller scale Aircraft kits back about 1968. Would these have been from that time ? I'm also told he was a great fan of aircraft himself . Strange ,he concentrated all of his efforts into doing promotional cars . Good luck on your new model company .I'm a large supporter of ANYTHING manufactured here in this country. Ed Shaver

Well that is frickin sweet, I will have to buy about six of each of the Turbine and Cutlass. I can't wait for these to come out. I did just buy a flat box Turbine kit. This is going to be an expensive year for me with all of the new kits being re-released.

Thanks for the review of those kits!

I am a great fan of the Turbinecar (see "Under Glass" Section) and hope, that they make the decals for the "Lively Set"-Turbine correct now.

The decals in the EZ-kits are more then bad. The driversname, manufacture on the fender, blue stripes and the "5" is incorrect, so i made the decals self...that was easier as to cut the inlaying decals.

This cutlass is pretty too. When can i get one? When will they be selling both kits? And: where can i get one outside the states? Is there a dealer like modelroundup?