Model Cars Magazine Forum

'46 International Rod

No, this isn’t a die cast or resin cab (though I’m open to making up a second cab and having somebody pull a mold…), it’s a Revell ’41 Chevy pickup reworked into a ’46 IH, this was accomplished mostly by relocating the door handles, redoing the beltline, reshaping the windows, and rescribing the door lines. Probably isn’t an exact ‘replica’ of the real deal, but a pretty decent ‘lookalike’ anyway. I also massaged the firewall to more closely resemble the Binder piece, too, as well as the dash.

The grille is patterned after a Farmall 300 model, and was made from two halves of ‘55/7 GM stepside fenders. Around back, the bed is a cut-down AMT ’40 Willys piece, and houses the battery and fuel tank. I foil copied the ‘INTERNATIONAL’ nameplate from the grille of a Transtar 4300 kit grille. The frame is scratchbuilt, with traverse spring up front and a coilover suspension in back. I went with Monogram ’40 Ford front wheels and tires for the front, and modified ’41 Lincoln wheels and tires out back. The engine is a Ford 390 with IH valve covers from a Scout II kit, and headers from the Revell Ford 427 Parts Pack engine.

Not much going on inside- a floor, two MPC ’32 Chevy panel bucket seats, and everything else from the parts box.

IH4-vi.jpg

IH004-vi.jpg

IH005-vi.jpg

IH006-vi.jpg

IH007-vi.jpg

IH008-vi.jpg