Model Cars Magazine Forum

well this will be my first model to build for 2011 and allso first to my new collection..my old house burned down in dec so i lost everything i had..but im back on track to start building again!!im start off with this 90's chevy 1500 its going be built in memory of a old friend of mines truck he had before he passed away in 2006..it will lay full frame on some 20's a clean bag over axle back half,shaved taillgate,stake pockets and a molded in rollpan.will have a ls1 want to try n get a turbo if they make any for ls1 model motors?but stay tune!in couple weeks will deff start to get this project going :D

CESCNFgBGkKGrHqZiIE0GYjm3DGBNRMmdw_12.jpg

I'm sure your friend will appreciate the thought.

For being a Testors kit, it doesn't look all that bad but how does it go together?

I had one and the tires fell apart.

Be watching to see how it goes.

not sure yet i just bought it not even an hour ago!was to excited wait a few days for it come in to put on here :D

How are you planning on building this truck, I have an article I could scan you might find interesting.

Nick

well this is a picture of the truckwhen he still owned it in 2006..the model will have the same look and the baby blue paint just with different wheels..but plz send me that article im gonna be building a few more 1500 singles cabs in the future.. :D

1119200663522PM50951.jpg

Pat, member here Shucky has some very, very nice turbo's in resin.

here's a pic of the Eddie Van Halen truck from recently,

fallen-into-disrepair-van-halens-ha.jpg

sounds like you have a cool plan for the kit ;)

thank you for sharing that!ill deff look him up :D and nice to know this model was made after a real version might have to find another one and build it same way :D

• 2 weeks later...

finaly back in from work was looking forward to building this truck finaly only to find i have to do more to it then i was wanting too ;) this truck allready comes bodydropped so my plans of building it after my buddys truck are kinda out the window so ive decided i will buy anothe single cab lata on and go threw with that idea..but now im stuck on which way go this truck looks great on the old skool billets but allso looks good on the newer style 24's B) but im kinda digging the old skool billets it gives the truck a 90's show scene look..what do yall think?which wheels should i go with!!??!!sorry the bed is pink i was just ready prime the bed so i could see if the body work was done...

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1053.jpg

so decided keep all the inerior stock and in the colors it came molded in about the only thing itll have done to the interior is a fancy chrome steering wheel.as for the frame ive so far shaved the whole front clip and smoothing it in gonna build my own custom control arms..i got most of the motor together its gonna be all black the color it was molded in with all the stuff that comes chrome on it i think it'll look good...well heres some pictures let me know what yall think of the progress...

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

I did not know that the kit already came with a body drop.

Is it just the rear section that has been dropped?

Guess I'll have to find mine and check it out.

Ya know that paint looks better than Plastic?

Shame the frame was soo hollow, Glazing bondo does take some time to dry with a bit of shrinking.

2 Part Bondo would work better but I haven't had much luck in that either lately:blink:

Engine has some good detail.

It Should be reissued more often :D

I did not know that the kit already came with a body drop.

Is it just the rear section that has been dropped?

Guess I'll have to find mine and check it out.

Ya know that paint looks better than Plastic?

Shame the frame was soo hollow, Glazing bondo does take some time to dry with a bit of shrinking.

2 Part Bondo would work better but I haven't had much luck in that either lately:blink:

Engine has some good detail.

It Should be reissued more often ;)

ive allways seemed to have better luck with the glazing bondo then anything else its easier to sand and only a total of 3 bucks lol..and yea im guessing its actually bodydropped the frame is cut down as if it was a stock floor bodydrop and the bed lays on the ground automatically i put all of the interior in last night just as a test fit the front seems like it may need more cutting..i have seen some dropped trucks with bodydrops so it wouldnt suprise me if thats how truck was done in reall life

a little update..i got all of the bed work on the outside done and bed reprime grey wont be able finish the inside untill i build the new back half..started back on the whats gonna be my own custom cowl hood all i have do is build the sides and add some putty and it should be done soon.as for the front frame rails put one more coat of putty and they will be done allso.should have ya'll some new pictures of the progress by tonight with the doors shaved allso plz stay tuned :)

okay so heres some of the pictures of the progress..i thought the doors were done for good but once i shot some primer on them you could see where they used to be still :) and the passenger door had a small hair line crack as you can kinda see in pictures other then that what do yall think of the hood its still on in putty but you can kinda see the shape its gonna take

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

• 2 weeks later...