Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sharing some engine "bling"

camarobuilder

2558367870082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

2471894910082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

A while back, I psted in an attempt to find someone to do some custom machining for me. I just wasn't happy with the valve covers that came with the Ross Gibson "Sonny's Chevy hemi" kit. I was directed to Jonny Taylor at JB Hobbies. I explained what I wanted, sent him a kit head and valve cover, and he even called to get a perfect idea of what I wanted. He then machined these out of aluminum. If anyone is looking for custom machine work, you might want to look Jonny up. I'm very particular about what I want on this build and Jonny hit the nail on the head. jb_hobbies2009@yahoo.com

2246971420082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

BTW, I kinow the "Sonny's" decals are too big. I'm doing the decals myself. That wasn't Jonnys fault. I'm making a smaller set. These are actually copies of the one's that come in the RG kit.

Frank

Edited by camarobuilder

He does make awsome stuff, he has done well over 10 custom resin part for me.. i had a hand in some of his resin.. i own like 200 resin parts 3 motors 2 detailed motors....2 trans kit an he still has a ton of stuff im waiting on ...his aluminum is top notch i like ur covers...

later days Davin

yes ..jonnys stuff is very well priced also ..he also does completey detailed engins for the price of a gibbson .. if yall would like to see some pics of his detailed motors . i can put pics of the 2 i have .. a outlaw 10.5 B1.. and a 70s pro stock 426 Hemi. oh and you can pick and choose the parts u want on ur motor also,, weather its aluminum parts or all resin.. u choose the style of parts , oil pan carbs , intake , an so on ..

later days

Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

yes ..jonnys stuff is very well priced also ..he also does completey detailed engins for the price of a gibbson .. if yall would like to see some pics of his detailed motors . i can put pics of the 2 i have .. a outlaw 10.5 B1.. and a 70s pro stock 426 Hemi. oh and you can pick and choose the parts u want on ur motor also,, weather its aluminum parts or all resin.. u choose the style of parts , oil pan carbs , intake , an so on ..

later days

Davin

Yes Davin

Send the photos.

Thanks Earl

Frank - you might enjoy these images...

120510JohnForceHolidayShow299-vi.jpg

120510JohnForceHolidayShow300-vi.jpg

120510JohnForceHolidayShow304-vi.jpg

120510JohnForceHolidayShow305-vi.jpg

120510JohnForceHolidayShow072-vi.jpg

Pics are from the John Force Holiday Show a couple weeks ago.

Thanks! I'll add them to my other referance pictures. You got some great detail shoys. I actually have a few pictures of some valve covers that don't have the "scallops" at the top. The bolts go through the cover, instead of the rail, I had Jonny make mine to mimic that style.

Frank

Ok here are the pics of jonnys detailed motor for the starting price of 24.99.. and up depending on what u want on them ...

the first is the B1 its for an outlaw 10.5 ,69 charger im gonna do..

GEDC0389.jpg

GEDC0391.jpg

next is a 70s 426 HEMI pro stock motor for a 70s duster aka( mopar missile) i have 2 ov these and will get 3 more for all the missile cars cuda,challenger an 2 dusters..oh an it does have a trans, just not in the shot.

GEDC0392.jpg

GEDC0393.jpg

these two have his ultimate distributrs, an aluminum pullys an alts..an linkage.

and ther u guys go .. u can get aluminum parts and resin , and they are plummed also..

later days

Davin

Edited by mopar01lee