Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

I've been trying to post my latest build here for several days, and it doesn't work! I write it up, attach photos, hit "post", and it throws me back to the main "forums" page and my post is gone! I tried three times with the same result. Also, the "quote" button doesn't work when replying to posts. Anyone else having problems like this?

Edit: apparently, this post worked. Maybe it's something with the photos?

Edited by Sixties Sam

Roger, I have 12mb of attachment space left. I also have a Flickr photo account with hundreds of pics in it, but they "upgraded" their site, and now you can't copy and paste the photo locations into this forum any more, so I use attachments. I deleted some of my old attachments here and tried to post again, but it still didn't work. The last model I posted here was a 57 Chevy in January, and everything worked then. ?????

Yes. I clicked on the bent arrow, then "BB Code", then chose the size I wanted, then copied and pasted the link here. I always pare down the link, eliminating the extra stuff fotki and flickr add at each end, leaving just the [img ] ...... [/img ] at both ends.

Internet Explorer. The weird thing is that everything worked a month or so ago.

That's the problem, shared by many others here. Click "Compatability View" in the browser's toolbar and see if that resolves your issue.

That's the problem, shared by many others here. Click "Compatability View" in the browser's toolbar and see if that resolves your issue.

I clicked on compatibility view, and that made the "quote" button work, (thanks, Casey) but my new topic post still disappears when I hit "post topic". Crazy!

Casey, I finally got it to work! I attached one photo at a time, hitting "preview post" after each attachment. All went well until I attached the photo above that you copied, then it blew the post away. I tried it again without that photo and it worked! Apparently, there was something wrong with that particular photo that was causing the trouble. Weird!

Sam

A search indicates that t8ExtEx.dll belongs to the FunWeb/MyWebSearch family of potentially unwanted programs.

Go to Control Panel> Add or remove programs and uninstall any of these that are listed:

Mywebsearch Bar

Smiley Central

My Way Speedbar

Search Assistant Mywebsearch

Fun Web Products

Fun Web Products Easy Installer

Weatherbug Companion

On any version of Windows you can get to Run from [Windows logo key + r]

Then type in iexplore.exe -extoff and hit Enter. That will open IE in no add-ons mode.

Follow instructions at

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

to disable and re-enable add-ons until he guilty add-on is found.

With that said, I would suggest not using IE anymore, and use FireFox or Chrome, both are much better and safer web browsers.

My IE has stopped working. I get a popup message that says: "t8ExtEx.dII is missing." Anybody know what that means?

Yeah, it means join the rest of us in the 21st Century and dump that ridiculously bad IE browser and switch to a browser that actually works, like Firefox or Chrome.

Jeeeeez, Harry; Jon. Dump on the old guy who asks the question. LOL. :unsure:

I have years worth of favorites stored in IE and Chrome blows the big one, IMHO. I've had no choice but to use it, but that doesn't mean I like it.

So, if I'm forced into Chrome, how do I transfer IE favorites to it?

I go 100% with Harry .. I have a computer over 10 years old that have never even had IE started on them.

Firefox, and I'm pretty sure Chrome, will import IE bookmarks into them. They give the option when installing.

• Gregg unpinned this topic