Model Cars Magazine Forum

My shot at a Prostar

still rolling ideas around, I want it predominately white with some gold. if I the weather is crummy this weekend [like they are saying it's gonna be] I may shoot some paint on it and play around with some stripes/schemes. I will just have to make a bigger purple pond if it goes bad, haha.

JT, thanks for those pic's, that is one fine looking trailer! if I don't use that scheme on this one, one of my box trailers is for sure getting a paint job similar to that. I surfed the internet looking for trailer pic's, but couldn't find many good ones.

this weekend should provide something i'm thinking......stay tuned.............

thanks guys, now I wish the whole top of the truck came off, such a shame most of it will be hidden even with the cut out I made. maybe the next one I do I will try to open up the whole top. I find it funny that on the old amt kits, and the revell kits as well, that other than the dash, you sort of want to hide the interior due to lack of detail, lol.

I've got most of the engine bits painted, may work on that some today if time allows.

thanks again for the positive comments :)

motor is about done, waiting on air cleaner housing to dry,

photo_zps8b97be81.jpg

photo_zpse2fed7a7.jpg

photo_zps4280e0b1.jpg

photo_zps7a22b78f.jpg

photo_zps8a35dcbc.jpg

for the life of me, I could not get the turbo ductwork to line up properly, but it's close :)

have started on the frame bits now, have got the front axle assembled. have also been working on the trailer a little, just getting the sides to fit the top and bottom.

thanks for playing along.....

Looks great, Man....You really almost have to put the whole engine together and just work everything back and forth till it dries enough to stay put....What you've got should be good enough....I don't recall having any problems with it interfering with the hood or anything on either of my Prostar builds....So there's room for error.....

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys :)

Marshall, you know how it is, seems you need to glue about 75 parts on sometimes before things become worthy of a picture :D

I now have the mud flaps on, and decals on the front and rear flaps, got the tank braces on, the torque rods on the diff's, and the stack mounts are painted and drying, underside of hood has been painted flat black, front of cab in appropriate areas is flat black, back side of bumper is painted flat black and all the hinge assemblies are painted/drying. stacks are together as well.

next step looks to be glass install, jam the interior 'cube' in it and make a truck out of it all B)

thanks guys :)

Marshall, you know how it is, seems you need to glue about 75 parts on sometimes before things become worthy of a picture :D

I now have the mud flaps on, and decals on the front and rear flaps, got the tank braces on, the torque rods on the diff's, and the stack mounts are painted and drying, underside of hood has been painted flat black, front of cab in appropriate areas is flat black, back side of bumper is painted flat black and all the hinge assemblies are painted/drying. stacks are together as well.

next step looks to be glass install, jam the interior 'cube' in it and make a truck out of it all B)

Yup... Gotta add the parts before ya can tell what it is... Yours looks great my friend. EXCELLENT WORK!!! B)