Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 bbl Holley

Steve,

I was hoping Gregg or someone else might be able to answer this question for you. Since nobody has ... I decided to at least type you some form of answer!

No!

Carburetors and brake backing plates are usually the least detailed items in any model kit, vintage or modern! The part number for me is the best way to distinguish which pointy blob of plastic on the parts tree is actually the carb. Reasons for this are numerous but the least of which is the fact that they are complex and their parts too small once reduced to 1/25 scale to even determine which end is the front. Add to the fact that the air cleaner usually covers up 80% of the carburetor from the mid 60's and up.

The best way for you to find a Holly 2 bbl is to look for the plastic kit of a car that actually had one on it. Then.. scratch build your own!

8)

• 4 years later...

Hey, you jogged my memory! I seem to remember a really nice set of 3 two bbl carb's in the '62 T-bird. I parted mine out just as soon as I got it... no telling where the carbs went.. If I find it I'll send you a PM.

:wink:

Both Corvettes & Mopars used Holley two barrel carbs, the main difference is the air cleaner flange is round like the four barrel carbs where the six pack carbs are D shaped.

• 1 month later...