Model Cars Magazine Forum

First pix of my 935 project

Jairus; It is the Tamiya 1/12 scale "martini" 935...I am building the 1979 Lemans car that was driven by Dick Barbour and Paul Newman.....in "Hawaiian Tropic" livery, and using the Scalemotorsport photo etch set is quite a challenge....seemingly MILLIONS of tiny P/E parts....just the kind of project a guy with only 10% use of his hands should be working on! (LOL) In building this car, I am fortunate to have full access to all of Dick Barbours' photos and technical data from when the car was raced....it helps get all the little details "just right"; as every race team did something different with these cars..........I'll keep you guys posted as it progresses....thanx for checking it out........matt

Bill; I would say that is a builder....I have done several of the Tamiya Porsches over the years; and they build up very nicely.....I would also say that having a built Basic engine to put in the model is a good thing, I am bummed I don't have another engine for this one...it would be nice to display this engine on a stand...to show off all of the P/E and details! I can also say this....BUY the SMS super detail set before they are all gone! It is a bit pricey....but WELL worth every penny!!!! I'll keep you posted on progress........matt