Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 oldsmobile custom finished! 02/1/2013

streetmachine11

This creation just gets better and better. I really like how this is turning out. I started on the same kit and you have definitely given me ideas.

I can't wait to see the body with color on it.

paul, you'll really enjoy this kit. with all the mods ive done it still just falls together. it has really been pleasure to build so much i might just build one original to display next to this one!

thanks for your interest!

jason

Love how you did that air ride set up. It's making me want to open the trunk on my Merc so I can add all that stuff with the spare tire. I can't wait to see it all painted up in that orange with that gorgeous color you have on the roof. What a combo! You should add a little color to the interior, like painting the air tank brackets orange and the compressors same as the roof. Just a suggestion, either way its turning out real nice.

Love how you did that air ride set up. It's making me want to open the trunk on my Merc so I can add all that stuff with the spare tire. I can't wait to see it all painted up in that orange with that gorgeous color you have on the roof. What a combo! You should add a little color to the interior, like painting the air tank brackets orange and the compressors same as the roof. Just a suggestion, either way its turning out real nice.

jason, we think the same way lol ive painted the tank silver and the brackets and compressors are the color of the roof. the spare os orange. i got the tank and compressors plumed and wired the body is painted and im workin on the bmf.

thanks for your imput! ill get some pics up when i get home

jason

jason, we think the same way lol ive painted the tank silver and the brackets and compressors are the color of the roof. the spare os orange. i got the tank and compressors plumed and wired the body is painted and im workin on the bmf.thanks for your imput! ill get some pics up when i get homejason
Lol...Great minds think alike. Must be a Jason thing. Can't wait to see how it all turned out, I really like those colors.

paul, you'll really enjoy this kit. with all the mods ive done it still just falls together. it has really been pleasure to build so much i might just build one original to display next to this one!

thanks for your interest!

jason

I belong to F.A.S.T. and we are doing a club build off with this very kit. I have been inspired by your work and have implemented a few of the ideas into my rendition. I can't wait to see this one in "under glass"

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fatkidd" data-cid="859736" data-time="1358554401"><p>I belong to F.A.S.T. and we are doing a club build off with this very kit.&nbsp; I have been inspired by your work and have implemented a few of the ideas into my rendition.&nbsp; I can't wait to see this one in "under glass"</p></blockquote><br />

paul, mine is also for my club build off. everyone is doing their own version with this kit and we will have a contest on febuary 2nd. im pushing my luck because i keep modifying things lol. i look forward to seeing your project !

thanks again

jason

Edited by streetmachine11