Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there an 'Ollie's' near by

Lucas, I am Unemployed, (No Money coming in), I am at my Local Library for Internet access

using a TOWER, Not Laptop. This one has wireless receiver built in.

The 'Laptop' I have is a glorified mp3 player only

(NO Wireless ability, Minimal RAM, SMALL hard-drive, No batteries., etc)

Edited by Edsel-Dan

the slot cars at 'my location' didn't seem to be moving much, I know they had the Camaro, a ford [not sure which one, sunliner/styliner? not a ford guy] I think 57 chevy and maybe a few others, if anyone is interested, I could make a trip there this weekend and maybe pick up a few if still there. lemme know via pm and I will see what's there.

I went back to the Ollies in Hazleton, PA yesterday and got the 62 Chevy and Kurtis midget. I was glad I went back because they didn't have the Kurtis the other times I went. They still have a pretty good selection left, but not as big a selection as last week. Now I need to stay out of there.

I went back to my local Ollie's last night. They had new models that were not there last time I went. They had Minicraft models. Airplanes mostly. There were a few Space Shuttles, Morgan 3-wheelers and some figure models. They still has a good selection of the original car models.

Good thought Frank. Maybe they emptied some national warehouse? Did they ever stock Mini Craft?

Doubt it was Hobby Lobby, as they really don't have that broad a line of model car kits. More than likely, a wholesaler decided for whatever reasons, to clear out a bunch of unsold stock.

Art

Doubt it was Hobby Lobby, as they really don't have that broad a line of model car kits. More than likely, a wholesaler decided for whatever reasons, to clear out a bunch of unsold stock.

Art

Agreed......someone at the distributor level.......but since I am not in the retail end any longer.....who knows.....