Model Cars Magazine Forum

Contest annual

Hi everyone.

Not only my hobby shop is about 100 miles from me, but they….well……not very happy...

Anyway, I have great trouble getting magazines where I live. There are a million and one magazines about mountain living or how to paint my kitchen around, but nothing about models. However, I have somehow managed to collect all the Contest Annuals from both model magazines for the last 10 years or so. Now I am having really hard time locating the 2014 issue of the Model Cars contest annual.

Can someone please help me get one!

TIA

Is this the latest contest annual issue, or is there something that came out after that? Because in 2010, there were two separate things. One was the Feb/March Contest issue and the other was called Best of Contests or something like that. Is this the case this year or the one on the picture is the one and only?

u6MSDr.jpg

Ha!. Then I've had it all along. My hobby shop then is talking about I don't know what. They said they got it and it sold out. I thought it was some different special edition.

Well, problem solved then.

Thank you for the help.

Ha!. Then I've had it all along. My hobby shop then is talking about I don't know what. They said they got it and it sold out. I thought it was some different special edition.

Well, problem solved then.

Thank you for the help.

Perhaps they were talking about the other magazine's contest issue.

I have never gotten a torn-up issue of MCM. I have subscribed for two years. It has to be a problem on your end...unless Gregg is telling USPS to tear up YOUR copies. Yes, that was sarcasm.

Seriously- if it is just a few people whose magazines get torn up, it has to be happening on their end.

Edited by LDO

There are few magazines that I buy pretty much every issue of. Street Rodder, Forza, Rodder's Journal, Model Cars and yes, that other magazine……And I don't subscribe to any of them. First of all there is some sort of mazochistic pleasure in going to the store looking for your magazine and finding out they don't have it and then going again a week later, 'till you get it. Then I think that altho it costs more this way, buying it from a small brick and mortar store is doing a good deed to your community. My local book store "the Book Train" carries all the magazines I care about except Model Cars. This store is very nice part of my neighborhood and I like having it two blocks from home. And if everyone just subscribes to their favorite magazines, they will most likely go out of business. My measly three magazines a month may not be much, but I like to think that I make a difference, as small it may be.

>I have never gotten a torn-up issue of MCM. I have subscribed for two years

hey good for you! now don't try to minimize other peoples bonafide experiences, please. thank you.

jb

OK. It MUST be a conspiracy by Gregg. He apparently thinks your money has cooties, so he has your copies mangled. Makes perfect sense.

>I have never gotten a torn-up issue of MCM. I have subscribed for two years

hey good for you! now don't try to minimize other peoples bonafide experiences, please. thank you.

jb

I guess I am not edumacated enough to make any sense of that comment…...