Model Cars Magazine Forum

List of UMi Kits

I had some time on my hands, so with the CD from Curt Raitz of the Motor Racing Replica News / Motor Racing Models series I looked at the Kits that were made by UMi and found an even dozen. Here's the resulting list:

Ferrari 512 BB Kit #?

Ferrari 512M (seems it is a Vac formed Body) Kit #401

Ferrari 166 Barchetta – Full Detail Kit #501

Ferrari 250 GTO/LMB (Transkit) Kit #402

Ferrari 712 Kit #206

Porsche 908/3 Targa Florio Kit #203

Porsche 908/2L LeMans, Martini livery Kit #204

Porsche 917/10 L&M livery Kit #202

Porsche 917/30 Sunoco livery Kit #201

Porsche 966 Kit #303

Jaguar XJR5 GTP Kit #301

Lola T260 L&M Kit #205

Corvette GTP Hendrick livery Kit #302

If you can add to or correct the list chime in. My next o.o.p. list will be for the Mini Exotics Cars (over 20 of'em)

Edited by Crazy Ed

The list looks about complete to me. I've owned two of the kits, the Jaguar XJR-5 and the 966. The jag was terrible. It was also a bit closer to 1/25th than 1/24th. I sold it on Ebay. The Renaissance offering is vastly superior on all counts. The 966 was pretty rough, but far superior to the XJR-5. I have loaned it to a caster in England who is cleaning it up to re-pop, and will modify said re-pop to also offer the later flat fan Sunoco version hopefully early next year. Both will be full kits not requiring the Hasegawa 962 to build it off of.

I currently have four different kits this guy was re-poped. The K3 935, the final version of the Porsche GT1 and the Hendrick Corvette GTP. He will be offering a full detail version of this car, and has also re-popped the ex Formula Canada Shadow Can- Am car and the Cana am Lola. He is also offering a from scratch Ford C-100. I am working on a few masters that I hope he will do also. One is the Jaguar XKE V-12 I have shown in progress pics in the on the work bench section.