Model Cars Magazine Forum

The things I've learned over the past 2 weeks.

You know i stopped clear coating cars, i got sick of the lacquer spray cans and the airbrushed version, it stinks up so much and i just crazed so many builds with runs and drips of clear, i ended up just polishing models now with a very silky soft cloth and sometimes even used rejuvenate for floors on some... works cool and i feel like not much is going to change if i dont clear anymore, this however does not apply to real cars at all :D

Missing parts??

How about putting a Complete Unbuilt one, and 2 restorable's in one large box,

Putting it aside, and then Not finding it for Months!

Still don't know What I did with those 3 Dodge Pickups!!!!

Thought I found them, but the Boot box was Empty!

I had a box of Falcon and '61 Ranchero parts disappear. It even became a running joke "The Elusive Falcon Box" in my model articles. Then after two years it showed up. It was marked "Falcon" on the end of the box inward, but was still marked "Matchbox Car Restorables" on the end showing. I only found it when I went looking for a Matchbox car. I have a Renault Dalphene body that's been missing going on ten years now.

After taking and sharing pictures of your work, You suddenly realize imperfections that you couldn't see before hand but too late to correct. (Taken from past & present experience and I should use my Opti Visor more often )

This. Especially on my first post on here, the Galaxie 48 Chevy Fleetline. I didn't notice until AFTER I posted that one of the windshield wipers had flipped off and was lying on the fender. Duh!

After taking and sharing pictures of your work, You suddenly realize imperfections that you couldn't see before hand but too late to correct. (Taken from past & present experience and I should use my Opti Visor more often )

that's why I take a ton of in progress shots. You see things in those photos you don't see at the bench!

• 3 weeks later...

hate to say it..but i feel sooooo much better after reading this thread.....SOOOO much better...it really isn't just me..can i add one

: no matter how good you clean your brush...red paint will come out of nowhere and steak into fresh white you just painted