Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

Seems somebody needs to go back and read the rules again, carefully :lol: , especially the part about 2 doors and 1960-1980. That leaves out modern Chargers, Impala SS from the 90s, and anything else with 4 doors.

It seems like all pre-80 Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs, etc would qualify. I wonder though, if my Camaro came with 6 cyl and I put in a 427, is it a muscle car? :lol:

Gary

yes it is

you dont have to have a factory issue engine in it :lol:

say the word and i will ad you and your 427 to the list

I'd like to join in. I will do the Mustang II from the AMT Firefighter kit (76?). With a Ross Gibson motor

added you to the list

It's not like I don't have other muscle cars.

IMG_0003-3.jpg

listen kid

if you honoustly wanna join in the fun pick a musclecar and join in and build it with us

if you are just trying to be a jerk about it or have a minority complex because in a different build led my another person someone was allowed to build something that broke every rule than just take your impala and go play in a diffferent sandbox cos i dont need any of that, i got a few 4 year old nephews for that

so , in overview, if you wanna build a musclecar with us , build a muscle car

if you want a pissing contest go look for an electric fence

hey guys

i was thinking we should do a community muscle car build

i took a minute to look at what wiki calls a muscle car :

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. At its most widely accepted the term refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s equipped with large, powerful V8s and sold at an affordable price for street use and drag racing, formally and informally.

so these are the parameters i want to set

1 it has to be an american car build between 1960 and 1980

2 it has to be a 2 door

3 it has to have testicular fortitude, this can be a factory hemi or a build 350 or even a turbo charged slant 6

4 it has to be street legal, that means i want to see licenseplates people :P

we will ad a due date later

i would like to say we use new kits or barely started kits

i for one will be building a 1971 hemi cuda which i have build the engine of and havent touch since

other then that i would say have fun, build a car like it just rolled of the lot or like it rolled off a hill onto the track

here are a few picture of what this could be

i guess if you'd really want to you could enter a ford or even a chevy in this

id love to see a nice AMX in here

oh, one more thing, lets try to keep all the WIP in this one thread so we dont flood the forum

so lets hear it who is in ?

here is the list:

01 diymirage: 1971 hemi 'cuda

02 wgflatliner: 66 chevy nove prostreet

03 85firebird: ford talledega

04 porky : 1964 falcon sprint

05 moonlit5hadow: 1979 camaro 427TT

06 ken#5fan: 1969 yenko camaro

07 captain obvious: undisclosed

08 lownslow: 1972 challenger

09 bowtiebadboy333: 1970 superbee

10 modellpularn: 1969½ Road Runner

11 charlie8575: 1966 pontiac GTO

12 ponyxpres:76 mustang

This sounds like fun!

is it okay if i join? All i have is an elky atm though, unless your willing to allow a NO DOOR peak antifreeze kyle petty nascar thats been prostreeted in :)

Ill have the elky probably next week if youll allow that to enter. Model year is 79', which can easily be modified ot a later year if needed.

Thanks,Jeff.

EDIT: i jsut rememmbered, i do have whats left of an 84 vette, and i have a zr-1 c4 also(i think its an 89')

Edited by ThatOneEmoKid

They are both also classified as muscle cars by various people.

To most people, the '94-'96 Impala SS is a sports sedan. I don't see anyone calling the BMW M5 a muscle car.

Geez, this thread is going way off task.

It's as simple as this:

He who makes the rules can choose whether or not they are followed. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.

Edited by YJIslander

To most people, the '94-'96 Impala SS is a sports sedan. I don't see anyone calling the BMW M5 a muscle car.

iv'e read this entire thread(almost) and why not let the guy enter his little car? he could fillin the door lines for the rear doors? I'm doing this on a expedition im building.

So the classification he gives should only be these cars.

AMC Rebel and Matador

Dodge Coronet, Superbee, Charger and Charger 500/Daytona

Plymouth Satellite, Roadrunner, GTX, and Superbird

Chevrolet Chevelle

Oldsmobile Cutlass, 442 and Hurst/Olds

Pontiac Tempest, LeMans and GTO

Chevrolet Malibu and Chevelle

Buick Grand Sport and GSX

Ford Fairlane, Torino and Talladega

Mercury Comet and Cyclone

that would be great if this was a community muscle car show

however, this is a community muscle car build

build another one from the ground up and ill let you in :P

I built this up from the ground...............and why build 2 of the same............................................................................

.. :)

Edited by MikeMc

Mind if I get in on this action. I have a 62 Bel Air that is partially finished it still needs more paint work and general building. I am going for a Pro Touring look with 23" wheels and nice and low with a 409 duel carb motor and a full custom interior.

62BelAir.jpg

62BelAir3.jpg

62BelAir4.jpg

62BelAir-2.jpg

This is about all I have done on this car so far

Have you decided on a deadline yet?

This sounds like fun!

is it okay if i join? All i have is an elky atm though, unless your willing to allow a NO DOOR peak antifreeze kyle petty nascar thats been prostreeted in :D

Ill have the elky probably next week if youll allow that to enter. Model year is 79', which can easily be modified ot a later year if needed.

Thanks,Jeff.

EDIT: i jsut rememmbered, i do have whats left of an 84 vette, and i have a zr-1 c4 also(i think its an 89')

ill allow the elky no problem

the kyle petty would be ok IF the origenal was a 2 door build between 1960 and 1980

ill ad the elky to the list for now :P

Can I please get in on this on? I just started a 69' Super Bee, maybe now I'll get this one done :D

id love to see another superbee in here :lol:

added you to the list

Geez, this thread is going way off task.

It's as simple as this:

He who makes the rules can choose whether or not they are followed. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.

if the B body 94-6 Impala is a muscle car that would mean the G8 and CTSV are muscle cars :P