Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 Javelin

Mopar - D

This is a JoHan snap together 74 Javelin kit . This is my first attempt at installing a vinyl top I used the masking tap method . Paint in Testors one coat Ruby Red and white enamel . i taped and sprayed the white stripes on the sides. As always comment welcome enjoy.

58fa29217a62eb32a31484171aeb0b4a.jpg

dd98e23ac9fc24f65a19586224fed573.jpg

932ec49e508d8fd593e21349c29ed47d.jpg

We don't get to see a lot of Javelins on here, so it's nice to see yours, Dan.

Nice masking on the side graphics!

I wish Revell would crank out a full detail '71-'74 for us. I've heard the JoHan Javelin glue kits have an older AMC engine in them. (Imagine someone kitting a '71 Mustang with a Y-block...)

Edited by Monty

I wish Revell would crank out a full detail '71-'74 for us. I've heard the JoHan Javelin glue kits have an older AMC engine in them. (Imagine someone kitting a '71 Mustang with a Y-block...)

I agree ; Revell should add the 1971-1974 Javelin to their "must do" list !

And , you're right about the outdated engines in the later-issue JoHan AMC kits : they were Nash 287/327 V8's with B.W. Flash-O-Matics behind 'em !

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Lets see if I remember everything! The year is 1974 and halfway through my Navy hitch. I stopped in at the local AMC dealer looking to replace my aging '66 straight six Mustang. And there it was! A Javelin! Dressed in Big Bad Blue with a white stripe on the side, 304 ci, torque command 4 speed auto, and $3400.00 price sticker. My first brand new car!

I have a few Johan's with some aftermarket resin details in my stash. Time for me to start building them!

Outstanding work.That front end reminds me of a 69 Shelby.My cousin had a black and white Javlin.The white stripes,the white vinly roof and the white interior were all part of the package.Again great work.

yes it does ive always thought that.

Where can i get one of these kits

Great job on a constantly over looked car. I would do just about anything to get a real 70-74 Javelin or AMX,they are just so cool.

Jake you can find them on the 'bay for around 20-40 bucks. I have one molded in that same hideous green color I snagged for around 20 bucks.