Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cherokee Owners...............

269981_10151088098466080_1010001699_n.jpg

and yea, I still is one too :P

I wonder why kits were made of the '90s Blazer & Explorer, but none of this one, which sold worldwide and loved by off roader's around the globe.

It's not stylish, but boxy and has an attitude especially when dressed up with the right accessories.

Man..if I would be king!

:)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome Austin, I'll have to post that on the Jeep forum after work tonight!

I don't know why nobody has ever kitted one of these trucks, it would probably sell better than the endless reissues of Tri-5 Chevys, Camaro's, and/or '32 Fords. I'd probably buy a case or two, even if it was just one kit at a time!

Our family used to have a 2002 Cherokee sport,thats what I learned to drive in.They are so much fun,wish we still had one.I would alos like a kit of a cherokee,heres one I thought was rather funny.

post-8818-0-53473000-1351597160_thumb.jp

Hmmm that Cherokee Austin Posted is running around my area apparently.........have to keep a closer eye. I'd buy a XJ Cherokee kit or a Comanche Pickup kit.

Apparently, there are a number of pictures of that XJ on the internet :huh:

zombietruck-1.jpg

Drove Jeep Cherokees for nearly 20 years and loved them. The only problems were minor and the Jeep never failed to get me to my destination no matter what the weather or road conditions. I got rid of my last one when the price of gas went up and retirement meant I had less money to feed the gas tank. Still see the new owner from time to time and he claims that it's the best vehicle he's ever owned. I always wish there had been a kit of one, unfortunately that's not likely to happen.

rob

Drove Jeep Cherokees for nearly 20 years and loved them. The only problems were minor and the Jeep never failed to get me to my destination no matter what the weather or road conditions. I got rid of my last one when the price of gas went up and retirement meant I had less money to feed the gas tank. Still see the new owner from time to time and he claims that it's the best vehicle he's ever owned. I always wish there had been a kit of one, unfortunately that's not likely to happen.

rob

Mine is the only one left of the four we've owned since....well....October '92, and it only has 157k on it, last 3 all had over 200k on them before being totaled or scrapped..........not letting it go anytime soon either! It's clawed it's way through quite a bit since I bought it in '03 and plan on keeping it for as long as possible.

Well, apparently the smugglers and coyotes love them too, can you imagine the story this one's owner is going to get :P

AZ%20Border%20Fence%20Jeep_Photo%201.JPG

"Two would-be smugglers attempting to drive into Arizona from Mexico hit a roadblock when their jeep got stuck on the border fence just after midnight Tuesday.

U.S. Border Patrol agents from Yuma Sector's Yuma station foiled the smuggling attempt when agents came across a silver Jeep Cherokee that had become "high centered" at the top of a make-shift ramp.

Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Enrique Zarate told FoxNews.com that agents have seen this type of activity in the Yuma Sector before, but that it is one of the more creative attempts. "We've also seen attempted smugglers trying to ramp over the Normandy barrier using sandbags to build a bridge," Zarate said.

The two suspects fled into Mexico just as agents patrolling the Imperial Sand Dunes area arrived at the scene. The incident is currently under investigation and any more details on the suspects was not immediately available.

U.S. Border Patrol seized both the Jeep and ramp equipment after removing the car from the approximately 14-foot-high fence.

According to Zarate, Jeeps have been known to smuggle anything from narcotics to humans near the Yuma Sector. He said at this time it is not clear what the Jeep was carrying, but that "anything that fits would be fair game for smuggling purposes."

"We [u.S. Border Patrol] want to let the American public know that this isn't the first smuggling attempt we've stopped, and that we are out here 24/7 making sure the American border is secure," Zarate said"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/30/smugglers-hit-snag-when-jeep-gets-caught-on-border-fence/

Tamiya Did A Cherokee kit I think

I had one at one time and I see on ebay that Lindberg has dine a Grand Cherokee

Yes, but newer then the ones in this thread, its a good kit, the Lindberg one is the same body style and year as the Tamiya

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d656f21d

Edited by martinfan5

Yes, but newer then the ones in this thread, its a good kit, the Lindberg one is the same body style and year as the Tamiya

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d656f21d

They were Grand Cherokee's.

I think I remember reading that the GC and the Wrangler were tooled up due to the influence of the German Importer of Tamiya kits.

I have a Grand Cherokee promo that is 1/20 scale (maybe 1/18,not sure) that I bought on ebay. It's in a blue box with no maker that I'm aware of. It states on the box " you have 59 seconds to build this". Inside, there's some information about how the Cherokee is built and that one rolls off the assembly line every 59 seconds. I only got as far as painting the interior,but lost interest due to the odd scale.

I have a Grand Cherokee promo that is 1/20 scale (maybe 1/18,not sure) that I bought on ebay. It's in a blue box with no maker that I'm aware of. It states on the box " you have 59 seconds to build this". Inside, there's some information about how the Cherokee is built and that one rolls off the assembly line every 59 seconds. I only got as far as painting the interior,but lost interest due to the odd scale.

I'm 99% sure that's the 1/20 Lindberg kit, issued as a promo for Jeep events. I stumbled upon one on eBay last year, then saw the Lindberg instruction sheet. :(