Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cherokee Owners...............

Yup, only XJ's I've seen in scale have been either 1/64 from Matchbox and now Johnny Lightening (still need to find the latter brand), Proline has a couple lexan R/C body shells available, then there was a guy in Germany that had been selling resin bodies and complete running R/C trucks..........the bodies alone were $300-$400 and the RTR was closer to $3,000-$4,000! I could buy a 1/1 Cherokee for less than that! Some Chinese diecast maker was supposedly going to be producing a 1/24-1/25 scale '84 with a 4 cylinder at one point a couple years back as an anniversary model for the ones that were sold there under licensing with AMC, then Chrysler, then Daimler Chrysler. Now that I think of it, there also was a "Land of the Lost" XJ from the TV show, but it was somwhat Palmer like in it's overall appearance...........although it at least looked like a Cherokee

Joe, I think there was a 1/20ish R/C "toy" XJ awhile back...can't remember the brand offhand. It was supposedly a pretty accurate body, if we could get ahold of one of those and "shrink" it for resin casting...

Briz, I borrowed your pic of this odd-scale XJ, hope you don't mind...it's the only image on the net that I could find of the 'lil one!

200611414045_XJeXj2.jpg

Never seen that one before, actually looks right too?! If you even get one of those and resin cast them, let me know! If it's 1/20, it wouldbe perfect for Losi's Trail Trekker micro scaler :)

Wonder which chassis that body is mounted on, looks like the Venom Mini Giant that I used to own.