Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The mail carrier (A nice looking women, so I can't call her a mail man!) just arrived at my door, and left two models I've been waiting for. One is a very nice 1968 friction/promo Lincoln Continental 4-door sedan. It's in almost perfect shape. One very little nick in the chrome on the front bumper. Harder to see in real life, than in the photo on eBay. So I'm very pleased with that. It will look great displayed with my '68 Cadillac deVille convertible promo. And my '68 Imperial Crown 2-door hardtop promo.

The second kit dropped off today is Revell's 2017 Ford GT SnapTite kit. Opening the box, things look good.

Another kit I got a couple of days ago has nothing to do with cars, but I think is cool. Is I got Atlantis' repop of Revell's old Flash Gordon figure kit from the 1960's. I had this kit as a kid. I was out of regular model glue, so I used Elmer's white glue instead. Plus, I didn't paint the kit. I think I can do a little bit better on this now. The reissue looks exactly what I remembered from the original. Very nice. With little to no flash (other than Gordon himself). And it still comes with then little alien (very cool!). Plus retro box art. Which is what I'm good to try to duplicate in my build.

I'm having a blast with the models I've been picking up lately. It's a good time to be in this hobby.

Mail-dude brought these rebuilders today,all Lindberg "Big 1/20 Scalers". Needed the Dimes (S10's) after having bought 1 earlier thinking it might have been a Revellogram 1:25 scale (it too turned out to be a Lindberg 1:20),it needed a couple parts if I was to rebuild it,so not having any 1/20 scalers,I was lucky enough to also win these (eBay,same seller,different auctions). I'll try and build 2 nice Dimes out of the 3 :) The Nissan,well...I'd never seen/built a Nissan Hardbody truck kit,it will eventually be torn down,and rebuilt with a much lower attitdue :D

My haul for today:

1988 issue 1/24 Monogram Buick Grand National. Complete, unassembled for $6 + tax. At an antique mall no less! :D

Recived my AMT Pacer Wagon build up from DrKerry today. No complaints at all other then it's going to be the hardest build I've ever done. Im going to need a lot of evergreen, and luck291.gif(Google Packin' Pacer for my idea)

Also scored the current (and my first) issue of Model Car magazine. My compliments to Gregg. Excellent mag, layout, articles, and quality! Also grabbed issue #3 of Roadkill magazine. If you don't know of Roadkill, hit up you tube. You won't be sorry!

Edited by DerthDeboblo

The mail carrier (A nice looking women, so I can't call her a mail man!) just arrived at my door, and left two models I've been waiting for.

A buddy-0-mine married his mail carrier. She admired his Corvette, said she had one of her own, and it progressed from there!  Now they have a house in the suburbs, two kids and no Corvettes!   :blink:

A buddy-0-mine married his mail carrier. She admired his Corvette, said she had one of her own, and it progressed from there!  Now they have a house in the suburbs, two kids and no Corvettes!   :blink:

The one that stopped at my house today looked pretty nice. Didn't look to see if she wore a ring on her left hand or not. Plus, I don't have a (real, full-size) Corvette. And, I think I might be a little too old for her. But, if she can get past the lack of a Corvette, and my older age, I'm open to getting to know her better. :lol:

The one that stopped at my house today looked pretty nice. Didn't look to see if she wore a ring on her left hand or not. Plus, I don't have a (real, full-size) Corvette. And, I think I might be a little too old for her. But, if she can get past the lack of a Corvette, and my older age, I'm open to getting to know her better. :lol:

Meh, as long as you can keep her happy *hint, hint* , you're golden.;):D

Edited by DerthDeboblo

Meh, as long as you can keep her happy *hint, hint* , you're golden.;):D

There is part of the problem. Can anyone keep a women happy it long run? And I'm not just talking about your "hint, hint." I don't know. I've never had much luck in that area. And for that reason I've stay a long term bachelor up until now.

There is part of the problem. Can anyone keep a women happy it long run? And I'm not just talking about your "hint, hint." I don't know. I've never had much luck in that area. And for that reason I've stay a long term bachelor up until now.

All depends on the woman of course. My ex-wife......well there are plenty of reasons why that didn't work out. My current g/f and I seem to be making a good run of it so far (just shy of two years). Just be yourself is the best advice I can ever give. That's all I've ever done, and it seems to work so far.:D 

All depends on the woman of course. My ex-wife......well there are plenty of reasons why that didn't work out. My current g/f and I seem to be making a good run of it so far (just shy of two years). Just be yourself is the best advice I can ever give. That's all I've ever done, and it seems to work so far.:D 

It's being myself that scares then away! :lol:

Been married to my beautiful wife for almost 29 years, & I can still say, honestly, that she is my best friend!

And no, she's not looking over my shoulder as I type! :D

Steve

Steve just wait until she goes to the other room, it will be OK to tell us. :)  Just kidding. With the kits you have been picking up she must be OK with it. 

It's being myself that scares then away! :lol:

Scott buddy....as long as your both good for each other and get along good its easy to have a long term relationship. Me and the wife have been together since about 1992 we both do not always agree with each other rarely do but we work together well for each other.  be yourself its what she will end up with right..?

Then they were never going to be the right one. The best ones are the ones who are just as crazy as you are171.gif

Amen,

My wife and I have been together nearly 26 years, married 23 this fall.

I have ZERO complaints . She likes my toys ( maybe not as much as I do but its all good )  We are fortunate to be able to live comfortable. ( not extravagant )  She is my best friend, and my life would mean so much less without her,,,,,and No she doesnt read over my shoulder .

I won't lie, I'm jealous. Wanna trade? :lol:

Actually, you never know...I'd always entertain the right trade, but I've been after this kit since I got in the hobby without wanting to pay the usual $50 that people want for it, so it'd probably have to be a kit that I really want...PM me if you're serious and I'll think of some other things I've been after for a while. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...