Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo P1800 VS. 56 corvette

Pick your favourite.  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Volvo P1800
    • 1956 Chevrolet Corvette

let me say it again: volvo.

and you ever ridden in a fifties 'vette?

volvo wont take a benzio but it sure do have it all over a cheby!

wish i had a photo of the volvo 122 ( i guess it was) that was made up to look like a lead sled 49 mercury, now THAT was cool. took you a few minutes to realize, hey how come this merc is so small!

I gotta give it to the 'Vette on this one........if only by a hair. I think Volvo took some cues (especially the front end) from the '56-'57 Corvette, but nothing beats an open air 'Vette for a fine sunny day ride! The 'Vette also wouldn't have the rust issues that the Volvo (particularly the P1800) would suffer over the years.

I guess I'm partial to the '56-'57 'Vettes also because of the model I built of the '57 and I just plunked down a good chunk of change for the 1:12 Danbury Mint '56 'Vette some months ago!

Probably over the long run though I'm sure the Volvo was in the garage a lot less than the 'Vette for repairs. :)

This makes me laugh, no question the Corvette. which one do you think is the Chick magenet. I would much rather be heading to the beach in a Corvette than a Volvo. even if I had to push it. no contest, American sports car icon Corvette.

>Yes thats my real name, and No Im not with the Rolling Stones.

sorry for the off topic interjection, but i couldnt resist:

dont worry the other ronny wood isnt either. at least not that you could tell anyway.

one love

jah bill

To further convince you that i hve bad taste, i am not a big fan of the 50's

vette, nor the 60's, im with the one that everyone calls the DEAD vette, the 70's vette!!

Anyway the volvo wagon is too cool not to get my vote!!